Frequent Contributor

Re: Hey Q, How About a Made in America Day

Wonderful idea. Hoping Q Higher Powers will agree.

Peace to all.

Honored Contributor

I think this would be a wonderful show to do!  There are tons of companies that they could support.  I am sure that people would really love this.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

All countries being 'equal'.  Wait and see how THAT works............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even if they didn't do an entire day, a couple of 2-3 hour events within a day would be nice - as long as it's merchandise we don't see on QVC every other day.

But as far as Made in America, greedy manufacturers, "stealing" US jobs and the usual rants - to some extent, American workers brought that on themselves, especially unions.

American workers will only work for X dollars an hour with X benefits, due to the standard of living in the US. In order to pay those workers what they demand, prices to the consumer will go up - and consumers don't buy.

I doubt that most companies are after an ever-increasing profit margin. They just want to maintain the same profit  level while having to deal with the rising cost of wages and healthcare, never mind transportation, fuel, etc. The only way they can do that is to outsource to countries where the labor force does not have the same issues, OR pay US workers higher prices and double the price of their goods - which no one would then buy. 

People who say they would pay more for Made in USA goods usually mean they'd be willing to pay a few dollars more, not $50 vs. $25-30 or $300 vs. $200.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

It's a great idea.  If they don't have enough Made in America items to sell, they should bring in some new vendors for that day as a test run to see how well they do.  They made such a big to do over this "next big thing" event, and what did it give us, some stupid wall hangers?  They should spend that kind of time and effort doing a campaign where Anerican companies can take part in an event like that.  These companies that choose to manufacture in America could easily choose to send their products overseas to be manufactured, but they don't.  They choose to invest in America, and that's admirable and deserves respect. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think it's an excellent idea and one worth trying out~!!  I try to buy American as much as I can, but with practically everything coming from a 3rd world country it's hard to be exclusive.... HOWEVER, I will put my money on American made items BEFORE I buy from other countries if they are available.  I fully understand (and have been hit with...) the full price of something made in America, which is usually high enough to consider. But I will say that instead of buying two of something else, I will buy the one and budget my money accordingly.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yea, they could broadcast it from QVC - China...

Woman Wink

OMG I almost spit out my drink reading this, so funny stevieb.  Woman LOL