Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Heres a Suggestion For Ya...

Shut it down temporarily. Clearly QVC is overwhelmed and unable to fulfill orders or provide satisfactory customer service. Shut it down, regroup, hire more employees if you need them, whatever needs to be done. Get orders out that have been "in process" for a month or more. During the shutdown get some AWESOME shows lined up, new vendors, new merchandise and come back with the promise to be bigger and better than ever. Then keep that promise. Just a thought.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Heres a Suggestion For Ya...

They are indeed overwelmed and panicked.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

It's probably not QVC that is overwhelmed but with UPS, USPS and FedEX overwhelmed with  the volume of extra shipping and on top of that having sick employees and having to hire extra workers with little time to properly training there are bound to be issues.  This is a very serious pandemic so things cannot be business as usual here or anywhere else in most cases!!  From what I understand it is the shipping companies that are not consistent in picking up the orders from companies that are awaiting shipment from warehouses so "in process" probably means awaiting shipment pickup!  I have placed many orders here with no major issues except a little longer shipping.  I posted in another post that I ordered a fan on the 26th and got it yesterday.  I have had more problems with stuff not arriving from Amazon, Sephora  and especially Walmart not giving tracking updates and then after over a week or 2 they email saying they are refunding my money and I can reorder if I want.  Just a thought (not snarky but realistic) all OP has to do is quit ordering but many here still want the opportunity to order.

Honored Contributor

Wasn't aware it has gotten this bad. In May, my only order was for food (Grandma's Coffee Cake) and it arrived as usual. QVC needs to address this with their viewers. Are they fessing up and mentioning longer wait times on air?

Super Contributor

Great suggestion, but I bet it'll fall on deaf ears! I have had no issues with other companies like Amazon or even HSN. I know Amazon has hired many more people, I don't know about HSN. Locally, many companies (Lowes, Home Depot, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.) have hired and continue to hire many to help with customer service, cleaning, stocking, etc. Also, even though many companies have allowed their employees to work from home, I haven't experienced any delays or issues. QVC could learn a lot from the other companies around!

Valued Contributor

@Pook you definitely make good points about transport companies. I have not ordered from Walmart but have ordered from Amazon, Ulta, a shoe company (GHBass), Ebay, Earth shoes website and Best Buy. Everything I ordered arrived in less than 10 days. My suggestion to shut down and regroup was more tongue in cheek than anything else. I know that wont happen. I do think QVC could do much better than they are. Allowing customers to cancel orders that are excessively delayed would be a good start. And yes, I am refraining from any further orders from QVC for the time being.
Respected Contributor

People choose to shop from QVC.

QVC is still the same in terms of the products that it carries, so either one likes or doesn't like the items, which is why I make purchases.

The world has been completely disrupted because of the virus, and now the demonstrations have made everything worse.

Those who have not really been affected personally by anything and are at home safe complaining about delivery times should count their blessings and show more appreciation to all the front-line wareshouse workers and delivery people trying to just do their jobs with all the odds stacked against them.

The packages will eventually arrive, and the need to spend money will have been satisfied.  Nothing we are buying is really essential, so we need to have patience and kindness.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any issues with Q packages.  I had an issue with a Macy's package.  Haven't resolved it as their customer service was closed. Amazon has been a mess.  I've ordered numerous things for my mother and can't keep up with the tracking.  Not much delivered on the day given, so I ended up having to track 2x a day.

Honored Contributor

@spursfan2   How chaotic would that be  trying to find packages waiting in warehouses  for pickup.  My mailperson and Ups delivery person as well as Amazon and Walmart CS have all stated to me that  there are so many more packages - more than double the normal amount - that shipping company pickup trucks cannot keep up to load everything awaiting pickup at warehouses even with many extra trucks and have to leave packages for other pickups.  It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack trying to find cancelled orders waiting for pickup and bog the system down even further.   It is not QVC or any shippers fault that packages are not able to be picked up due to lack of UPS, USPS FED EX handling capacity.  That would be like QVC blaming someone that has sent a RETURN back that they did not get yet due to shipping issues the customer has no control over.  Realizing this I cannot put the blame on QVC for slow shipping.  Most are not aware of all this so just blame the place they order from.

Esteemed Contributor

No problems here with receiving packages. However, when UPS turns it over to USPS innovations, I find it takes about 2 days longer.