Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Here it is Sunday afternoon, watching ITKWD and what is being presented again in a Kitchen forum? Amazon Echo! Can anyone tell me what that has to do with kitchen items? Nothing! I am changing the channel and watch something else because I am so fed up with ITKWD doing these presentations every week that have absolutely nothing to do with cooking. And just to let you know QVC, I will not turn you back on later again, since David and who ever is selling Amazon Echo will talk about this item for the next hour at nauseum.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here we go again QVC

[ Edited ]

@Gabbs1 

Hi ,I'm not sure but maybe the Amazon  Echo  can find and read out recipes to the cook.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch ITKWD but showing the TSV, what ever it is, gets presented multiple times in every show....the worst is they present it all night long and then again when regular live programming starts up at 7 am.

QVC is their own worst enemy....things are very stale but we already knew that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gabbs1   I see you asked a question and then chose to answer it negatively yourself, so I don't know how open minded you are and if you have already turned your tv to another channel then so be it.  However, I have found the Amazon Echo to be invaluable in my kitchen prep.

More than reading out recipes, it can also show a video of your recipe being prepared if you selected a recipe with a video; for example, if you are making a recipe from YouTube.

It can immediately convert measurments for you; for example, converting grams to ounces.

It can breakdown measurements; for example, immediately letting you know how many tablespoons are in a cup.

It can set many timers; for example, tell it to set a timer for how long the pasta should cook while setting another timer to keep track of how long the roast should be in the oven.  You can actually name each timer as to what it is for and when the time is up, it announces the actual item that is ready to be checked.

If you are going to be in the kitchen for a long time, such as baking cookies, it can read a book to you or play music.  This time of year it is fun to have holiday music playing while making festive cookies!

It can make hands-free phone calls for you while you are busy cooking.

I could go on and on because it is such a great kitchen helper.  I can definitely see why it is being presented in David's show. 

Trusted Contributor

It wouldn't matter what the TSV was, they always do a huge presentation in the middle of the ITKWD Shows.  They do this regardless of what the item is, I can only guess it is because he has a huge following.  I too turned off the show as soon as they started presenting it and no did not turn it back on. Once they lost me on a particular show, they have lost me for the whole thing.

They just had an hour presentation at 11 and will probably have another hour at 3.  It's too MUCH.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gabbs1: David showcases all types of items in his show every week. I do agree, I wish he could stick to cooking and kitchen items only. But it's not likely to change anytime soon. 

Occasional Contributor
I am sure it can be a great help in the kitchen, I am not disputing that at all. However, it could be presented in an other setting since it is not just strickly a "kitchen item", it can do a lot of things and taking up an whole hour for it ITKWD is a bit much in IMO, 15 minutes would be plenty and then move on to something else.