Occasional Contributor

LR was too obnoxious, the few times I viewed her shows.  Now we have other obnoxious people whose shows I avoid.  Kirsten and Jen are Prime examples of people who think that they are the best thing since sliced bread.  Speaking of food, is David phoney enough? Then there are the loud and overtalking folks whom you can pick out of the group.  Almost no redeeming social values.  Time to save your money and buy only when there is a host who is enjoyable to you.  Make your point!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Here’s a Suggestion—— BRING BACK

In the Kitchen with Bob.  We would not have to see the childish happy dance anymore.

Respected Contributor

I would rather see Kathy Levine -- anyday!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Explain your beige and black comments. Did she wear both colors? I recall seeing her in denim too.

For viewers of the Q in 2000, or thereabouts, La Lisa was “famous”

for wearing very l-o-n-g beige slacks that touched the floor.

She wore them OFTEN.

Her affinity for wearing black was also well known, although 

she constantly urged the viewers to *wear a POP of color*!

She was in on the joke though.....she laughed at herself.

She was a serious saleswoman, but didn’t always take herself too seriously.

Id never seen her wear Sport Savvy, even if the entire hour was dedicated to

the line. If I remember right, she seldom wore what she was selling, unless she could wrap it around her, or pull a coat On n Off.

A black tank top was ever present, so she could change tops quickly.

SIZE XS, I’m sure......how could I forget!? lol

ETA: and who was the HYPER GIGGLY girl who was LRs sidekick sometimes? Slightly shorter and fuller. Extremely fast talker, who Lisa was “mentoring”...( it didn’t “take”!)

Before that *Courtney” hostess.....

Respected Contributor

I liked her and thought she did a great job.  There's a reason why her name keeps comming up but what is it?  If she comes back I will only be able to see her on videos because we cut the cable cord Cat Sad

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree! She had class. 

Spoiler

Valued Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:
  • The post seems to be a mixture of both pros and cons about Lisa, so I'm not sure where the OP really stands.

• But in any event, there would be no reason for Lisa to return.  To what?  I'm sure that she has no desire to come back.

• It looks to me that Courtney Khondabi could be the glamor-girl heiress apparent, after futile attempts by Amy and Shawn to seize the throne and crown.

• How nice that the OP was told to volunteer and stop posting.  Every thread requires one of these admonishments (speaking of dragging up the old, hoary chestnuts.)

QVC does seem to push who, for their purposes, are the up and coming hosts by giving them the TSV hour and or a show with their name in the title. Courtney Khondabi seems to be the latest darling there along with Katrina Szish with the extreme makeup. CK seems rather robotic and Szish's eye makeup makes me cringe but at least they are not in the old personality will sell vein. Most of the hosts they have now, both old and new are seemingly following tighter rules which seem to be focus on product and sales and I appreciate that. After LR left and Shawn became the featured diva, she became more quirky with her hair, clothes and general manner...the last few times I saw her she was remarkably more restrained and her hair was fairly normal and she was not as rude and indifferent to the guests. 

Honored Contributor

How many nics can one person have?  And how much time can they spend promoting LR?  Someone is very very obsessed. 

Trusted Contributor

Bring back In the Kitchen with Bob!

Frequent Contributor

Lisa represented QVC when there was more real fashion, more jewelry, and more beauty products. Her strengths are not aligned with the QVC of today.