Honored Contributor

Have the show planners talk to the shipping managers

Don't present items that can't be shipped for two or three weeks.  Maybe they are too messed up to keep track of this stuff, but someone somewhere in that organization has to know in which warehouse each SKU is stored.  Or is some of the inventory resting in semi trucks on the way to somewhere else?

Honored Contributor

Re: Have the show planners talk to the shipping managers

I have a vision of a warehouse in total chaos with no room to store new merchandise.  It sits until there's room to unpack it and prepare it to send out to customers, thus the "backorders".  Maybe they even have it stored in rented trailers.

That's just my view.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget that a lot of the merch comes directly from the vendors themselves.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

This sounds more and more like a cash flow problem.  Need the customer cash up front so the vendors can be paid.

Valued Contributor

I could never understand having items, especially when it's a TSV, that do not ship right away. If you are presenting something into millions of homes, you'd think they would be ready to ship! It should not take a week to ship out a TSV, it should be ready right away!

Trusted Contributor

@CorrTor, totally agree! If an item is not in stock and/or cannot be shipped immediately upon order, then put the item on "Advanced Order" status so that folks will know not to expect to receive the order right away!
Valued Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

This sounds more and more like a cash flow problem.  Need the customer cash up front so the vendors can be paid.

I was thinking the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Another conversation should be with hosts who say "this is the only order and it is going fast". Then, they come up for a breath of air and say "and if it doesn't fit, return it and we'll just swap it out for another size." Just heard it on a shoe show and wondered what would be left it I returned a gift in January .

Honored Contributor

Yeah,right.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@AuntG I've been hearing that a lot lately and I laugh everytime. I say to myself, go ahead and try to exchange, but the item will probably be out of stock when you do.