Valued Contributor

Have models in more realistic sizes

On the fashion shows,it seems to me that the majority of the models are wearing,small or extra small sizes.I realize the clothes look better on smaller models,but I would like to see,more variety in sizes,so I would know how the style would do for me. Once in awhile they have a model in size large,but if you check,you will see most wear an extra small. The American woman does not wear an extra small.I think you know this because of all the larger sizes you sell. Thank You

Honored Contributor

Re: Have models in more realistic sizes

Right -- but until fantasy stops selling far better than reality, no retailer is going to give up using model-perfect bodies most of the time.

Honored Contributor

This is TV. They are going to show clothes mostly in small sizes because it looks better. No different than doing makeup shows.  Most people are not even attractive that buy this stuff, but the models are usually way better looking than the consumer...Why? Because putting makeup on plain unattractive REAL people is not what the consumer wants to see. The consumer wants to see a "Dream" a fake reality of what they maybe could look like with the product.  It is all a facade.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm an American woman, and I wear an XS.  Oh, and I'm also a REAL person.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I don't think the size of the models is as important as their shape.  Someone my size with a different shape tells me nothing about how something will fit me.

I'm no way as thin or as tall as Katia, but I have a similar shape and proportion - narrow hips / wider shoulders, etc.

I can tell how something will fit me - looking at her shoulder seams, sleeves, pockets placement, neckline gaps, etc.  

Honored Contributor

The object of the Q's game is to sell clothes and tall slender model show them off to their best advantage.  In all fairness, they do a good job of showing clothes on larger, plus size models too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I'm an American woman, and I wear an XS.  Oh, and I'm also a REAL person.

And of course you are real. There are lots of you; however, there are more of

me according to statistics.  I wear a Medium top and usually a l4 in pants, which seems to be a large in most brands - or at least they measure out to that size.  So, although the clothing may look better on an XS, for me to decide to purchase something I need to see it in a Medium/Large. Otherwise I pass it up and go to the B&M stores nearby.

Honored Contributor

"Once in awhile they have a model in size large,but if you check,you will see most wear an extra small."

You must realize the Q uses "vanity" sizing. 

In department stores I wear size 7/8 or 9/10 (depends if made in US or overseas).  I am 5'7, 120lbs soaking wet.

Q sizing I am an XXS or XS (depending on tops or pants).  I haven't been that size in department stores since birth!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

They do use Maria and Jessica - they both are usually wearing XL or 1x. 

Jackie is usually wearing a L, but I think half the time lately she should wear a XL in certain items.

I think the thing to look at is the body shape - that helps right there - if it looks good on whichever model has your kind of shape, then it will probably work for you adjusting to your size needed. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Agree