Occasional Contributor

I just saw you do a 10 second ad saying you have hand sanitizer available.  I hope you plan on telling people that this alcohol-free type has been proven to NOT be as affective against some microbes including covid-19.  The active ingredient in the alcohol-free ones is benzalcronium chloride and it's recommended that sanitizer has at least 60% alcohol.  Just an FYI for your customers.  

As I wrote this, David came on and said it was sold out.  So, no presentation and no info provided to consumers who may not know this and just spent $22 plus shipping for 32 oz of false protection.  

Article to read 

Rejuvenating Sanitizer 

Respected Contributor

The back of the bottle showing the ingredients was included in the listing...people can use their own judgement, no nanny goat needed.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
@sassyshop The article you posted states: “it's not as effective as alcohol itself at killing germs and may merely reduce the growth of new germs.” It’s not as effective as ALCOHOL itself. But it can reduce the growth of NEW germs. We as people need wash our hands! Not depend on just hand sanitizers. In hospitals they use hand sanitizers now instead of washing hands.BIG MISTAKE! (My daughter is a RN (Labor/Delivery Nurse, 25 years) When any of our loved ones are in the hospital no one touches them until they WASH HANDS FIRST with hot water and soap! doctors/nurses! We put a hand written sign above their bed. When doctors/nurses used to wash their hands upon entering and leaving a room.....we didn’t have so many cases of bacterial infections...ex: MRSA.
Honored Contributor

@sassyshop   My SO's sister is a nurse and she said that is what is used in the hospitals as it supposedly stays with you longer.

Occasional Contributor

I'd rather use something that has been proven to work for new and "old" germs and I agree handwashing is the best option, but when it's not available I'm using alcohol based products.  And as far as this type staying with you longer, what's the point if it's not killing what I want it to kill.  

I don't expect qvc to be our nanny and tell us every little thing, but a simple disclaimer would be appropriate especially for those that aren't internet savvy or those that don't even have internet access and able to research.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Hand Sanitizer Sales

[ Edited ]
Read this article. Scroll down to the “discussion” on benzalkonium chloride vs isopropanol. Page 3. The article is from: The American Journal of Infection Control. https://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553(19)30811-9/pdf. It tells the truth on using benzalkonium chloride in hand sanitizers. It will put everyone at rest. Hope this helps with questions.
Super Contributor

I tried to order it, and at checkout, a pop up says they cannot ship to my area.  Really?  I am in Colorado, not some far off 3rd world country!

Honored Contributor

Right now we need products that kill viruses, not just bacteria.  Antibacterial products will not help with fighting off the coronavirus.

Make sure you are getting the correct products.

Respected Contributor

I am stuck at home so good old soap and water works best for me.  I think its horrible how some people are hoarding hand sanitizer.  Where are they going that they need so much hand sanitizer?  Stay home people!

Occasional Contributor

This graphic popped up on my facebook today, shared by the WHO, just thought I'd pass it on.  Stay well everyone!

WHO graphic