Esteemed Contributor

I know QVC is trying to stay on the cutting edge of fashion and trends.  QVC loves trends ad nauseum.  I was watching a segment- a top was being shown and the vendor, the host and the two models had the top half tucked into their pants.  On one model, the top was barely tucked and it looked really dumb.

I'm sure there many people who half tuck their shirts, I'm not one of them.  At least have one model just wear a top or blouse or t shirt untucked.  That way we can see the fit and how it hangs on a human being.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of the half tuck.  I always think the person just came from the bathroom and forgot to tuck in the shirt all the way.  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealI like the look of the half-tuck, but only on a tall, slim body.  Not in this lifetime for me, so I agree they should style at least one person with the top out

Honored Contributor

I’m not a fan of the half-tuck. I’m too busy trying to camouflage my tummy...HA!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm not a fan of the half tuck.  I always think the person just came from the bathroom and forgot to tuck in the shirt all the way.  JMHO.

I think the very same thing and was going to post it!!

Respected Contributor

Trying to hide the fact that the shirt is too long.

Valued Contributor

Re: Half tucked shirts

[ Edited ]

The 1/2 tuck, to me, is a sloppy look. 

It looks like they just went to the restroom, and forgot to pull their shirt out.

(lol  - does it look like I'm showing my age?)

Honored Contributor

Re: Half tucked shirts

[ Edited ]

I love the half-tuck and I do this with a lot of tops.  It doesn’t look sloppy when done properly IMO. 

Valued Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I love the half-tuck and I do this with a lot of tops.  It doesn’t look sloppy when done properly IMO. 

Please show me the difference between properly done, and not.  

Any photos of both?

Thanks!

Super Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Trying to hide the fact that the shirt is too long.

I think the shirts are too long for the average woman so they half tuck it to hide it. A lot of the regular shirts are now tunic length for a lot of women.  Even tee shirts are so long now that they make the petite models’ legs look shorter.