Honored Contributor

Re: Had to cut 2 packages out of my mailbox in the last month

Unlike in the past, it seems we have a "regular" carrier who might not even be full time. It seems they rotate him with a few other people.  Maybe they get out of having to pay benefits this way?  Service has certainly gone down hill. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's happened to me only once. The box was shoved so tight in the mailbox I almost pulled up the cement foundation getting it out.

I didn't report it as I believe whoever did this was not my regular mailwoman, Martha. Martha is always delivering packages to my door, and I show my appreciation every Christmas. However, the Q plastic packages arrive in just awful conditions, like a truck has been running over them. The Q packaging is as cheap as possible; S&H a big money maker for them. The heck with how they arrive.

Honored Contributor

It's good to know although I probably will never use.  My packages are delivered to my door if they are too big to fit in the mailbox.  I live in an apt. building so that's probably why.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

WELL IT PAYS TO COMPLAIN---Today I received a package that wasn't that big , and could have fit in my regular mailbox, but mailman put it in bigger one.   HA  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a slip and when we get a replacement mail person this person stuffs all the mail though that slip instead of putting it in envelopes and magazines at one time. I have complained also the mail gets chewed up. When our regular mail person comes we have a box where he puts the magazines and small packages and the envelopes go in the slip. I have complained as I have mentioned but, nothing has come of it .

Regular Contributor

We used to have  amailbox like that, and I remember several times having a terrible time getting a package out of the mailbox. I never had to cut it out, but came close.