Esteemed Contributor

Had to cut 2 packages out of my mailbox in the last month

That is right cut.   We have locked mailboxes at the end of the street.  If a package is too big, they are supposed to put package in the larger boxes at the end of the row, and put key in your mail box.  Twice now (the large boxes were empty and my package was stuffed in the mailbox.  So stuffed,  there was no way to get it out, other then walk back to the house and get a knife and cut them out. 

I contaced my local office the first time it happened.  Saturday was the second time and I called the 800 number, I had a one hr hold time.   The reason I am posting this is because, I was told do not call your local office, call the 800 number because they give you a case number and follow up on who the mailman is. 

Those of you that know the story of my stalker, he must have been a little nervous seeing me come out of my house with a butcher knife  ( he lives in front of the mailboxes.)  LOLOLOL    So if any of you experience a problem ---call the 800 number and get a case number.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had to cut 2 packages out of my mailbox in the last month

I guess I am lucky when the box down my driveway get overflowed the mail carrier delivers the mail to my door.  

Honored Contributor

Seems like your postal worker is a little lazy or mad at you about something.I would try to catch up with him or her to let them know the parcels need to be dissected for extraction.

Honored Contributor

That's really awful.... like he just couldn't do one more thing that day, but that's ridiculous. I don't know about your stalker but the vision of you and the knife must have been unnerving to the guy but might I suggest next time you carry an ax?  Slump a little and drool.... just to give him a little more to contemplate.  Woman Wink

J/K......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

It is definitly lazy!   We must have gotten a new mailman, because the one we had was a doll.  Never had issues with him.   I can't see mailboxes from my house.  I have no idea what time he even comes.  They keep changing it.  I do volunteer work at the hospitals in the morning, so I don't have time to watch for him.  Sometimes when I come home mal is delivered and sometimes it is not. 

See he has to get out of his truck to put package in the larger boxes.  I guess that is too much work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u   Oh my gosh too funny!!!!!  I will do that.  Thanks for the tip!   LOLOLOL

Super Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

That is right cut.   We have locked mailboxes at the end of the street.  If a package is too big, they are supposed to put package in the larger boxes at the end of the row, and put key in your mail box.  Twice now (the large boxes were empty and my package was stuffed in the mailbox.  So stuffed,  there was no way to get it out, other then walk back to the house and get a knife and cut them out. 

I contaced my local office the first time it happened.  Saturday was the second time and I called the 800 number, I had a one hr hold time.   The reason I am posting this is because, I was told do not call your local office, call the 800 number because they give you a case number and follow up on who the mailman is. 

Those of you that know the story of my stalker, he must have been a little nervous seeing me come out of my house with a butcher knife  ( he lives in front of the mailboxes.)  LOLOLOL    So if any of you experience a problem ---call the 800 number and get a case number.

Honored Contributor

That happened to me one time, too.  I had to get a knife to cut the box out of the mailbox.  I called my local post office to tell them.  It's been tight before, but I've only had to cut the box out one time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I've had that happen once in the past year.  A package (box) was shoved so tightly into my mailbox that I had to get a long, flat blade to pry it out.  (So, a trek back up my 700-foot drive and then back to the mailbox, since I don't normally carry one with me.)  And all the rest of my mail was crushed underneath it.

We are rural and our normal mailman is terrific, so I figured it must have been a sub.  The regular guy always brings things right up to the door, if there's any problem with the size.  For that reason, I didn't report it, because I couldn't be sure who it was and didn't want it to land on the normal postman's head.

Hasn't happened since.  If it became a regular problem, I would report it (first to our local post office to give them a chance to deal with it).

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

That's really awful.... like he just couldn't do one more thing that day, but that's ridiculous. I don't know about your stalker but the vision of you and the knife must have been unnerving to the guy but might I suggest next time you carry an ax?  Slump a little and drool.... just to give him a little more to contemplate.  Woman Wink

J/K......

@Q4u  You planted an image in my head and I'm having a good laugh.  Thanks.  LOL