Respected Contributor

Re: HOSTS OVER THE TOP PRESENTATIONS

@BirkiLadywrote:

@walkingal  Jennifer lost weight after moving the PA from TX. She looks more attractive and younger with a few more pounds on her frame IMO. Not a fan of the gaunt look or the overly faux tan she sports. Seems like a crazy set of priorities. Kindness and beauty comes from within - and radiates outward when truely content and happy. There is a sadness about her, but I'm unable to pinpoint it; she hides it well by trying so hard to please everyone all the time. It's like she's trying to be Ms. Personality Plus all of the time. Her blogs are full of it.   

@BirkiLady Good insight about the sadness, I see it too. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

All you armchair psychoanalysts  need to either a: stop watching QVC, or b:  get out of the house and do something healthy.   JMO.   Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I completely agree with regard to host behaviors and, I would add, without singling out any one of them because most of them fit the description. The reality is that QVC doesn't give a fig about feedback they've received about their operation over the course of several years. It's their way or the highway, so I took the highway. I hope that works out for them as well as it has worked out for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would not say Jennifer is gaunt in the least.  I think she looks beautiful, fit, toned and happy.   Yes she adores her daughter. Shouldn't she? 

I'm not a selfie person and it's a pet peeve of mine when people do take selfies that they do the duck lips.  Jennifer has a bad habit of doing that while on air, like she's getting ready to take a selfie and that is distracting to me.  I really don't see her all that often anymore though.  

Esteemed Contributor

@steviebwrote:

I completely agree with regard to host behaviors and, I would add, without singling out any one of them because most of them fit the description. The reality is that QVC doesn't give a fig about feedback they've received about their operation over the course of several years. It's their way or the highway, so I took the highway. I hope that works out for them as well as it has worked out for me.

I miss reading your good posts, @stevieb. Don't abandon forever....

Honored Contributor

@febe1wrote:

@steviebwrote:

Thanks @febe1 and I'm still around the boards, just not doing much watching or shopping... I'm not as often on those threads that try to offer constructive feeback because they don't want to hear it, haven't addressed any of it, and I'm not one to beat my head against the proverbial wall just because it feels good when I stop... 

Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

I agree with comments about Jennifer.  I can no longer watch QVC when she is the hostess.

Esteemed Contributor

@steviebwrote:

@febe1wrote:

@steviebwrote:

Thanks @febe1 and I'm still around the boards, just not doing much watching or shopping... I'm not as often on those threads that try to offer constructive feeback because they don't want to hear it, haven't addressed any of it, and I'm not one to beat my head against the proverbial wall just because it feels good when I stop... 

Smiley Wink

Lots leaving, @stevieb. I notice moonchilde has not posted for a long while. 

I find just "Q Talk" has got so boring, b/c so much is always deleted. There's not much going in whether you like vanilla or chocolate. 

Even Spurt doesn't contribute her interesting posts as much. I've seen so many forums diminish b/c of being censored to death. Most of interesting threads with enthusiastic contributions, will be stopped. Not much to post about....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1wrote:

@steviebwrote:

@febe1wrote:

@steviebwrote:

Smiley Wink

I find just "Q Talk" has got so boring, b/c so much is always deleted. There's not much going in whether you like vanilla or chocolate. 

Even Spurt doesn't contribute her interesting posts as much. I've seen so many forums diminish b/c of being censored to death. Most of interesting threads with enthusiastic contributions, will be stopped. Not much to post about....

Exactly right @febe1... It seems both QVC and some of those posters expostulating about 'kinder, gentler' boards before the big change over got what they wanted and things around here now are positively Stepford... Added to that, as I mentioned, there's really no point in making note of the many QVC and host foibles because the powers that be plainly don't care what we think. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1wrote:

@febe1, I was out of town last week and prior to that busy and not posting as much but I noticed Moonchilde's absence.  Did she say anything about leaving or taking a break?  Just wondering and hoping nothing happened.  It looks like it's been over a month since she posted.