Frequent Contributor

Re: HOSTS OVER THE TOP PRESENTATIONS

Got so tickled today when Jennifer  was hawking a swimsuit. And said she did not like to go swimsuit shopping because others had tried on the swimsuit.Then she said that you could order the suit being presented, get it home, try it on, and if you don't like it send it back. Well now, I doubt that QVC would throw away a returned swimsuit, so the next person who ordered the returned size, would get a "tried on suit" like the ones in the store. She is so ditzy, and demands attention even when the camera is on the models, she always inserts herself in the picture. Really kind of sad when you think about it, but just best to change channels.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLadywrote:

@walkingal  Jennifer lost weight after moving the PA from TX. She looks more attractive and younger with a few more pounds on her frame IMO. Not a fan of the gaunt look or the overly faux tan she sports. Seems like a crazy set of priorities. Kindness and beauty comes from within - and radiates outward when truely content and happy. There is a sadness about her, but I'm unable to pinpoint it; she hides it well by trying so hard to please everyone all the time. It's like she's trying to be Ms. Personality Plus all of the time. Her blogs are full of it.   

@BirkiLady.   I agree with you about Jennifer.  It's almost like there's an air of desperation about her, like she absolutely must be perfection and MUST sell the gizmo in front of her.  She's very intense to the point it makes the viewer uncomfortable.  She has become very thin, too much so I think.  I hope she's okay.  She's going to have a hard time when daughter goes off to college.  It seems like her world revolves around the daughter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624See? I really don't watch QVC. Thought her daughter went off to school last fall. "Desperate" is a fitting word for her. No female in this day and age should ever be in that boat . . . especially when earning that kind of wage. Obviously money cannot buy happiness.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@AJWwrote:

Im sure this will be be removed as innappropriate, but I’ll try!  Host Jennifer Coffey, who I originally liked a lot, hosted an Isaac Mizrahi show today and was bouncing around the set as if she was ‘on something’.  Her initial outburst was about a basic tee shirt!!

QVC, this is hard sell at its worst and personally I cant bear it!  From other postings, a great deal of people agree with me.  It used to be a pleasure to watch the hosts, but now, nothing could be further from the truth!  What with the rising prices, hosts amping up the hard sell, the most I do now, and not very often either, is check ‘recently on air’! 

Many of the hosts, not all, have become legends in their own minds!  Jayne Brown, Antoinella, Dan and Pat, have all retained their composure, thank goodness.  They prove they can sell without acting like demented divas! 

I know this is an often repeated message, but I think its worth repeating! 

If you don’t want to watch, maybe you should stop watching QVC.
No one is forcing you to watch.

Respected Contributor

I agree! Jennifer was very good in her beginning. She has become too phony & over the top. I will not even watch her now. 

(IMO) Katie McGee is the perfect host. I hope she doesn't change. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to give them a little credit.   I think they do not have an easy job to do.  I feel for Jennifer, I think she has a complex about herself.   I know she can be a bit over the top and some are more enjoyable to watch than others.   IMO I cannot watch Rachel or Kerstin.  But that's the good part, we all have our own personalities and are not going to like "all" of the hosts.  That's okay.......we have a choice to watch something else.

Honored Contributor

Wow.  Demented divas?  Desperate?   Self deprecating?  Complexes?  A lot of

psychoanalyzing going on here.  Any PHDs to back up the diagnosis?  Nothing more unbecoming than women bashing women.

Respected Contributor

Shawn and Kerstin are the two that get the instant change the channel from me. I can take Amy and Sharon in small doses. I can get through full presentations with Leah, Antonella, Carolyn, Mary Beth, Jane, Jayne, Jill, Sandra, and Pat. I haven't seen enough of Jennifer to form an opinion on her. I really don't watch a lot of QVC except for fashion or when there's truly nothing else on TV to catch my interest when I'm home from work or on weekends. She never seems to be on when I'm watching. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've pretty much given up watching QVC --- when I do tune in, there is someone dancing, prancing, screaming, or jumping.....I just can't take it, it's annoying as all get-out.

Trusted Contributor

Very well expressed @AJW.

Certain hosts are YES UNWATCHABLE to the point of unbearable these days.

Give me my faves all day long.

Do the producers at QVC watch the hosts performances ??? That is a thought !!!!!!