Respected Contributor

Re: HOSTS....It’s not necessary to pull and stretch items SO DRAMATICALLY

I do not mind the hosts demonstrating the stretch of any garment. I want to consider that before making any purchase.   What I do not like to see, and I am thinking of, for example, the wearing of very tight DG jeans on HSN, is when the models pull on the fabric on their legs for quick snap-back. 

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 

If it's a knit - I expect it to be stretchy.  I don't need a demo.  

Another thing that annoys me  - when the hosts/vendors wiggle the clothes (SG is particular offender).   

----------------------------------------

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I do not mind the hosts demonstrating the stretch of any garment. I want to consider that before making any purchase.   What I do not like to see, and I am thinking of, for example, the wearing of very tight DG jeans on HSN, is when the models pull on the fabric on their legs for quick snap-back. 

Valued Contributor

Ha! That really bothers me also! For me it's a sign that it's a cheap fabric with too much Spandex in it. And yes I think QVC  promotes this. As far as I'm concerned adding Spandex to every single piece of fabric (I know I'm exaggerating) has become a travesty to clothing. Most natural fabric has a natural stretch to it and if it's not stretching enough for you, then go up a size.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@PhilaLady1   I love that "pop" when the fabric snaps back.  Do it on my own leg from time to time.  Usually the stretchiness they demo is NOT on knits.  Everybody knows they stretch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I find the need to continually pull the fabrics this way and that particularly annoying. It has never influenced me in my purchasing decisions. I am one that does not like my clothing painted on no matter how it stretches. I like nice fitting, but free flowing and comfort.

Valued Contributor

@faeriemoon Precisely!! Thanks for getting my point! If I'm buying my size, does it need to stretch to double the size that I am? No. Sign of cheap material. 

Valued Contributor

@Still Raining You got it. Jeans with too much stretch are the ones that bag out. I want minimus stretch in my jeans so they maintain their shape. Too much stretch is not a good thing.

Valued Contributor

@Whosits Bingo! Too much stretch means sagging and bagging and something thats gonna look sloppy.

Occasional Contributor

If the hosts didn't streach the material, complaints would be made that people can't see how stretchy the material is  Smiley Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Many times during one presentation. Also running the thumb back and forth over the fabric.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man