Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELPFUL TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS...

ChynnaBlue and anyone else that contributed...thanks so much for this cheat sheet it's exactly what I have been looking for and I don't feel quite as lost as before.  I also gave  a heart so that I can refer to the tips and suggestions list when I need to.

Many thanks again.

Regular Contributor

Thanks but these don't work. So sorry
Respected Contributor

Not to sound insecure, but I have no intention of putting my face or password or anything else of a very personal nature on any web site.  I hope QVC never asks for that.  This lack of privacy is the main reason neither DH nor I do Facebook, Twitter, eetc.  Too Much Information, IMHO.

Super Contributor

Thank you for this info.

Respected Contributor

This was very helpful to post this. I will be referring to it quite often.

Respected Contributor

Still a great thread.

I still haven't figured out how to do a animated avatar?   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF , @ChynnaBlue and everyone else who contributed to this thread, thank you so much for this all this information!!! 

I've skimmed over it in the past but now I've got the time to actually read through all of it. Thank you all again for taking the time to help explain and disseminate this great info!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I'm happy so many posters have utilized the thread and found it helpful in some way or another...I'm sure the other contributors would feel the same...thanks for the recent responses (which I'm just now seeing LOL) and happy posting.

In case the @ feature is working, altho I don't think it is...

@ChynnaBlue

@dooBdoo

Apologies to others whose names I have forgotten!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still can't believe how awful this has been for a commercial software rollout -- my most frequent comment is still WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?   I saw a couple of questions in this thread that I didn't see comments to, so here's mine:

If you see this message after you hit "post"

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

Hit "post" again...it seems to override the message and posts anyway...?

This mainly seems to happen to me with fonts or formatting that I've copied from somewhere else instead of choosing from the menu at the top of the REPLY box.  QVC's program "corrects" them in the post, so you're not really overriding the message.  You're accepting  the correction (which frequently isn't even obvious to you in the box).

Not that anyone cares, but HTML is "Hypertext Markup Language" which, in simple terms, is a way of telling the software by codes how to display text on the screen (centered, bold, large size, etc.).

----

Himi lover said:

Someone mentioned that when they went back to a thread, it showed somewhere how many new posts there were from the last time she opened a thread. Where is that?

If you haven't found it by now, it's on the main page of the Forum (RECIPES).  There are columns with the headings:  SUBJECT, REPLIES, NEW, AUTHOR, and LATEST POST.  To the left of each SUBJECT there is what some are calling a "Thought Bubble" which can be an arrow, a filled in "circle", or an empty "circle".  The arrow means you replied to that thread, the empty circle means there's nothing new since you last looked at it, and the dark circle means there's a new post since you last read the thread.   Also, if there's new content, the title of the thread will be in dark ("bold") type; if there's nothing new since you read it, the title of the thread will be a lighter gray.  (Also, if you let your mouse pointer rest on the "circle" you will see a little pop-up with a brief explanation.)

The REPLIES column shows the total number of responses to that thread.  The NEW column shows how many replies there have been since you last read that thread.  AUTHOR, of course, is the poster who started the thread.  The LATEST POST is the date-time-poster of the most recent reply.  It's not obvious, but you can put your mouse pointer on the date there, click on it, and you will be taken directly to the most recent post in the thread.  HTH  (Hope This Helps).

-----

MacDuff in a post here said:   "Search/find all your recent posts:"

One bit of info is a thought bubble with the number of posts you have.  That is clickable.  Click there and you'll get a list of your recent posts.

I haven't found that particular "thought bubble" yet.  I'll have to go back and reread MacDuff's post more diligently.

@MacDUFF and @ChynnaBlue Thanks for your help and especially to for including a link to this thread in all her posts.  VERY WELL DONE!

Honored Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

<snip> 

@MacDUFF and @ChynnaBlue Thanks for your help and especially to for including a link to this thread in all her posts.  VERY WELL DONE!

You're very welcome. Smiley Happy