Esteemed Contributor

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's a link regarding security (preferences setup) from...ack!...I just copied it and now can't remember whose thread it is...birdmama's?

Click on the addy even if they're not blue...

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Please-check-your-profile-preferences-and-permissions/m-p/186501...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

from nomles...new message really should read new TOPIC...but whatevah...smh...

To post a new topic, do this:

- Click on the category name in the list of categories that's on the left side of the screen.

- On the new page that opens, above the first topic, is a big red box that says "NEW MESSAGE".  Click that. 

- On the next screen, enter the subject line in the first (small-ish box), your message (in the nalrge box), and then click the POST button.

Esteemed Contributor

>>>From Adelina...

If you see a (nearly) all blank white screen after hitting "post" do this...you end up back in the thread you just posted to (rather than on the blank white Q wilderness).  YAY!

Go to "edit my preferences"

It should default to Pref Options

(if not, click Pref tab, then click Pref Options)

Uncheck the last box "show confirmation pages for posts"

Save

Honored Contributor

Re: HELPFUL TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS...

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Wow, thank you so much for your nice words. In the real world, creating training documentation is what I get paid to do and what I enjoy, so it's been fun for me. Smiley Happy

Below are links to some posts that I or others have created for tips.

How to add a signature

How to use Italics in your signature

How to change your default font size

How to add an avatar

How to quote a post

How to edit or delete a post

How to sort posts within a category

How to find and bookmark your old posts (similar to "My Activity")

How do post numbers work now?

I'll update as I find/post more. I am also tagging helpful forum posts with a "How to" tag.

Hi @ChynnaBlue and @MacDUFF:

This is great!

Quick Q: How do you make a link like you did above? Or if you want to link to an item number? Sometimes if I cut and paste it will include the hyperlink, but othertimes it won't.

---Update: Actually, I found it. Hit the link icon in the compose/reply box and it pops up. Excellent feature addition. Thanks for the heads up by using it! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: HELPFUL TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS...

[ Edited ]
Wow MacDuff! Thanks. I have an assignment for you. (Just Kidding). Can you figure out what tha @ sign does? At the moment I'm not sure that feature is even working. ChynnaBlue thanks. 😊😉
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Himi...I saw something about that recently (while stumbling blindly in the dark LOL).  IIRC, the @Himi lover sign is eventually (?) going to allow us to call you over to a thread we think you might be interested in.  My guess is that it'll show that you have a notification (similar to the notification you get when someone hearts you).  Some forums call this a "ping" or "pinging" someone to a certain thread.  Something like that...?

Trusted Contributor
Thanks MacDuff. Hope they get it up and running soon. Love your siggy. ☺️
Esteemed Contributor

Outstanding catch from debc...

Search/find all your recent posts:

The "search forums and blogs" button/box (NOT the search qvc button/oblong box) has a drop down menu and users is one of the choices.  My dropdown menu is right under the "search forums/blogs" box...it defaults to "community" but I can click in it for other choices to search.  Choose "user."  Then type in your user name in the "search forums/blogs" box and go.   It will take you to your name with information.  One bit of info is a thought bubble with the number of posts you have.  That is clickable.  Click there and you'll get a list of your recent posts.

activities searchactivities search

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF, this thread is fabulous!

I've added some "help" here and there, not sure what might be redundant to add here.  But I wanted to add "kudos" to you for corralling lots of help into one thread. Smiley Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Outstanding catch from debc...

Search/find all your recent posts:

The "search forums and blogs" button/box (NOT the search qvc button/oblong box) has a drop down menu and users is one of the choices.  My dropdown menu is right under the "search forums/blogs" box...it defaults to "community" but I can click in it for other choices to search.  Choose "user."  Then type in your user name in the "search forums/blogs" box and go.   It will take you to your name with information.  One bit of info is a thought bubble with the number of posts you have.  That is clickable.  Click there and you'll get a list of your recent posts.

activities searchactivities search

~~~~~~

@I wanted to add to @debc's excellent post:

Once you find the page that holds all your activity (after clicking on the "thought bubble" or the number to the right of it), create a bookmark to that page on your browser (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc.).  You might want to call the bookmark "My Activity."

That way, until all this info is added to our profile and we can avoid this process, w can use just one click to the bookmark to see our latest posts.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova