Guests must be shown respect!

Lately I am increasingly aware of the lack of respect most hosts show the merchandise guests.  I have seen some guest come on the screen and not allowed more than one word out of their mouths  (Jane T., Sandra are the worst).  This is a matter of respect.  And if you are presenting electronics, I certainly want to see demos and hear explanations from the expert, not from hosts who know nothing about the electronics in questions, especially laptops, etc.  I am quite turned off by this behavior and find myself watching the channel less and less.  And more surprisingly, I kept looking for a way to communicate my frustration with this matter.  I am not on social media and this is the first time I go into this type of forum.  Show respect and know your audience!

Honored Contributor

Re: Guests must be shown respect!

@Happy 73    As you can see, this is a popular topic today.  I don't think any of us would disagree but, as customers, there isn't a thing we can do.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Suggestion-Box/Host-talks-over-guest/m-p/7771653

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Happy 73     Welcome to the Forums. 

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if a new memo came down from upper management the past few days telling the hosts to up their game and sell, sell, sell.   Seems like the past few days the hard sell and antics have gotten worse. 

Honored Contributor

What it really comes down to is: "CUSTOMERS must be shown some respect".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    Don't you know we're the ones constantly accused of being "unkind" when in actuality we are among the abused.

Honored Contributor

Hosts seem to be disrespected more than anyone; they are being torn down and ripped apart from posters and on FB.  These are just people doing a job like they are expected to do; if it displeases the viewer, that's their choice to watch or view something else.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954    Hosts should not be so obnoxious as to cause constant, daily comment or force viewers to have to mute TVs or change the channel.  They may be doing as told but something is wrong somewhere when this happens.  Its counterproductive to drive customers away when you're in a customer driven business.

Valued Contributor

@Happy 73 

I agree!

I was not in sales, but my father was - and he was good at it.  He said the secret wasn't so much in what you say, but knowing when to say nothing.

I know on tv there can be no dead air, but so much of it is unnecessary banter that adds nothing to the presentation.  Interrupting the vendor to give quantity updates or tell a silly story is just nonsense.  This takes away from the real reason they are there - to sell the product.

Respected Contributor

@Happy 73 

Welcome to the forums!

I think that the hosts are employees doing their jobs as QVC corporate instructs them to do.  Not disrespectful and not free to act in any way that they please. Doing what they are being paid to do.  I truly hope that QVC makes changes to their selling approach.  They must, by now, be aware that the new person in charge has made some directional mistakes.