Why can't I send a greeting along with the gift shipped to a friend?  Used to be a note on invoice as a greeting.  How do I specify that item is a gift and price should not be included on packing list?    Anybody know about this?

Respected Contributor

@BestCityMilwaukee last i checked, when checking out there is a box for if its a gift or not. if you checked yes, then it would allow you to insert a greeting.  No longer a option?? i sent a gift last month from hsn, and i included a greeting. 

Esteemed Contributor

I sent a friend a gift from QVC about a month ago .... there was no where during the checkout process to put a gift note ... the item was delivered to my friend who thought it was sent to her in error because she didn’t order it SO, SHE RETURNED IT TO QVC!!! .... I had no way of knowing this until I received a note from QVC telling me that my credit card was credited with the refund .... I thought something was wrong because she never called to thank me for the gift..... I called customer service & was told that the only way to include a note with a bill to ship to item is to order through customer service  ...... this whole experience seems so wrong for a company as large as QVC to let happen !!!!!!! 

Valued Contributor

Add the item to your cart, then click on gift options right next to the item picture.

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I sent a friend a gift from QVC about a month ago .... there was no where during the checkout process to put a gift note ... the item was delivered to my friend who thought it was sent to her in error because she didn’t order it SO, SHE RETURNED IT TO QVC!!! .... I had no way of knowing this until I received a note from QVC telling me that my credit card was credited with the refund .... I thought something was wrong because she never called to thank me for the gift..... I called customer service & was told that the only way to include a note with a bill to ship to item is to order through customer service  ...... this whole experience seems so wrong for a company as large as QVC to let happen !!!!!!! 

@January121  Totally AGREE!!  I have sent something to my dad and he had no idea who sent it until I called him (There was a packing slip, but it was taped to the box, and he didn't open that).  QVC needs to learn from amazon, and has a note that says A GIFT FOR YOU.  It will make it easier for people to give gifts.

Honored Contributor

I had the same thing happen a few years ago.  Did bill to/ship to and the recepient did not see it was from me.  She called QVC and thought it was sent in error, etc.  I will not use that method again--to me it made an easy gift difficult.  

Trusted Contributor

If you call in your order, it can be done.  I don't recall there being an option for that online.

Esteemed Contributor

@BestCityMilwaukee

Gift messages are not offered for every item on QVC, but they definitely are available. Once you have an item in your cart, look for the "Gift Option" column to see if the item you are purchasing qualifies—if it does, you will see a link for "Options":

Z1a.png

When you click the "Options" link, you'll get this page:

Z2.PNG

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank you @loriqvc!  I have never sent a item where it was not offered.  But I am sure there are a lot of vendor shipped items that don't.

Thank you for providing the photos, I hope they are looking.

Honored Contributor

There have been many posts on here saying that when they sent a gift and included a note that the note is put on the packing slip.  Lots of people, including me, never remove or look at the packing slip attached to the package.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau