Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Oh my real favorite moment, seeing Jimmy the baker cut into one of his cakes and seeing all mold!! Classic!

Loved that!

Sadly the Gourmet Holiday shows have not been the same since Dan Wheeler left. Alberti is too young I doubt he cooks period. Probably eats out every day.  You need a seasoned cook hosting these shows someone like Mary Beth Roe who actually makes a well balanced meal every day for her family.  No one under 40 knows how to cook anymore.

I completely disagree that you need a seasoned cook to host these shows.  You aren't really cooking these foods.  They're heat and serve or open and eat.  There may be a few exceptions to this but not many.  

I liked Sharon but didn't particularly like Dan Wheeler.  I do like Alberti.  Age has nothing to do with hosting one of these shows.  

@NickNack @Reever   NickNack you are right. And as far as I know, Dan W. Is not a cook. Alberti has posted foods he has cooked on his Instagram. And if I remember correctly, Mary Beth has recently stated she rarely cooks anymore. Orders out and has foods catered for get together. 

I find it ridciulous that people dont know how to cook anymore.  My niece said the other day she has no idea how to make stew.  Not sure how or when it happened bur Americans seem to like paying other people to do their work !

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Oh my real favorite moment, seeing Jimmy the baker cut into one of his cakes and seeing all mold!! Classic!

Loved that!

Sadly the Gourmet Holiday shows have not been the same since Dan Wheeler left. Alberti is too young I doubt he cooks period. Probably eats out every day.  You need a seasoned cook hosting these shows someone like Mary Beth Roe who actually makes a well balanced meal every day for her family.  No one under 40 knows how to cook anymore.

Good Grief!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Frequent Contributor

Antenella eating lobster today and talking with her mouth full was unwatchable. Instead of taking a piece she stuck a whole lobster tail in her mouth. Please don't stuff your mouth full and talk!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, and this has been mentioned countless times before, but some of the hosts know how to simply taste the food and describe their thoughts, while others, such as Antoinella today, went way overboard and seem to think it is cute or fun. Not so much.

I realize that the hosts obviously have to try the food in order to describe it, but there is an art to tasting, chewing, and talking with food that many of the hosts have not mastered. and that DOES result in many viewers changing channels.

Trusted Contributor
I would be more concerned about the choking hazards! I couldn't watch those food shows! I'd be a nervous wreck!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Yes, and this has been mentioned countless times before, but some of the hosts know how to simply taste the food and describe their thoughts, while others, such as Antoinella today, went way overboard and seem to think it is cute or fun. Not so much.

I realize that the hosts obviously have to try the food in order to describe it, but there is an art to tasting, chewing, and talking with food that many of the hosts have not mastered. and that DOES result in many viewers changing channels.

-------------------

Exactly!!!!  I do not expect hosts to say they hated the food item and I know they have to taste it...they are there to sell it.  But have been stating for sometime now, all they need to do is take one or two tastes and then describe....period!!  No need to gulp the food while trying to talk or eat a whole meal at one presentation.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Loved that!

I completely disagree that you need a seasoned cook to host these shows.  You aren't really cooking these foods.  They're heat and serve or open and eat.  There may be a few exceptions to this but not many.  

I liked Sharon but didn't particularly like Dan Wheeler.  I do like Alberti.  Age has nothing to do with hosting one of these shows.  

@NickNack  I agree with your statement highlighted, actually it is not about age of hosts doing food shows, it is more about maturity, and specific hosts are sorely lacking in that area.  Two hosts I refuse to watch due to immaturity are Rachel and Alberti hosting gourmet shows or any shows for that matter.

Trusted Contributor

I LIKE the Gourmet Holiday, or any other food shows.  It doesn't bother me WHO is hosting, or HOW they taste the food.  Every one of them is doing the best that they can with the "tricky" assigment of eating in front of all of the people watching QVC.  I sure would not like that assignment.

Regular Contributor

The hosts need to have a snack before a food show.  They act like they haven't eaten in a month.  The host who is on with the chicken is ridiculous, she is grabbing food and chomping away, not paying attention to the vendor. She finally said "I 'm full;"  Well surprise she ate like hogs at the trough.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree