Super Contributor

Flavored water, puff snacks, trail mixes, bread crumbs.  There is a market for all sorts of foods.  Gourmet they are not.

It's time for QVC to rename Gournet Holiday, or perhaps to have two programs, one for gourmet and one for food.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday Misnamed

Well, they call clothes fashion so....

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@bluetail fly  Perhaps they are referring to their prices rather the actual food.

Super Contributor

And now a snack bar assortment.
Super Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@bluetail fly  Perhaps they are referring to their prices rather the actual food.

That's funny!  

I hope it's clear that I have no objection to the foods presented, but wouldn't bother to tune in for a show featuring them.  Gourmet snack bars?  Gimme a break!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Never watch these shows as we have grocery, specialty stores where these type of "gourmet" (if this is what they call it) for 1/3rd the costs or something comparable!

I saw Farmer John popcorn or something on that same line in our Sprouts.  You could buy in a smaller quantity which works for us.

Super Contributor

I like popcorn.  It's so inexpensive.  All you need is a bit of Crisco, a pan with a lid to pop it in, melt some actual butter to pour over it and then add some salt.  5 minutes in the kitchen and popcorn heaven.

I wouldn't spend 5 minutes in the kitchen for egg whites and vegetables mixed together.

OK, I'm through watching and through sharing my opinion on "gourmet."

Esteemed Contributor

I thought this thread would surely be focused on the fact that the show is still being called a "holiday" show when the next major food holiday is months away. Oh, well...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw the pics and prices of what they had shown on the show...just had to shake my head at the prices for what they were selling....over the top.
Valued Contributor

The food shows have been the one remaining category I still watch but prices have bloomed so much that I rarely buy.  Prices are lower when you buy larger quantity but I am one and I feel like I am being punished for needing smaller amounts.  So now I spend a little extra time walking the grocery store aisles looking for "gourmet" inspiration!