Honored Contributor

Re: Good Grief! "Celebrity" overload

• I never go to movies or watch tv other than occasionally q and ID channel.I have no idea who today's stars are.I could be next to them in an elevator and not recognize them.They don't impress me enough to buy their products.I buy what I think looks great or useful.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all the comments .......

The only thing that I buy is Paul Newman's salad dressing because the profits go to charity......and it tastes good!

Honored Contributor

I totally agree!  I think studies have shown that using a celebrity works when it comes to sales for the general public which includes teens, etc....people who really don't shop on the Q.  I don't think it's going to work here.  Most of us just don't care who is endorsing a product but about the product itself!

I also find it a bit insulting as if I'm going to want something more just because a celebrity is hawking something here.  Nope!

Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:
  • I never go to movies or watch tv other than occasionally q and ID channel.I have no idea who today's stars are.I could be next to them in an elevator and not recognize them.They don't impress me enough to buy their products.I buy what I think looks great or useful.

You sound like me.  I once told someone, that people in the film industry would be homeless if they expected people like me to support their business.

Super Contributor

AMEN!!!    I avoid celebrities and show people as much as possible!!  I sure don't need them on QVC!!  

Valued Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I agree with all the comments .......

The only thing that I buy is Paul Newman's salad dressing because the profits go to charity......and it tastes good!

@Nataliesgramma I buy some Newman's products...only becasue I like them.
I once met Paul Newman, nice guy, but I don't buy their products for his name...I buy because they are good and I think they are worth the cost Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Quse wrote:

Every time I click on the website, I see another washed up "celebrity" being advertised as selling some tchotchke. Having people with name recognition does not entice me to buy some over priced item made in China, just because there is a "celebrity" attached to it. Seriously, it's insulting.

I agree...just the other day they were advertising Martha Stewart fashion...and i kept thinking why can't they get some of the good brands of clothing (Sag Harbor, LL Bean, Koret, Easy Spirit, Nike, etc)    instead of these unknown brands that are endorsed by "celebrities"

Nike brand was BUILT on wearer-name-recognition...ie. ‘Celebrities’.

Athlete Celebrities to be exact.

Trusted Contributor

I could care less whose name is on a product or who endorses it.  If I like the product, and it suits my needs, I'm going to buy it.  I imagine the backlash against celebrities is either due to jealousy of ttheir wealth and success or anger over the fact that these Americans are expressing their freedom of speech.  Apparently that's not allowed if you're successful and famous.  We should pay more attention to the sage wisdom of housewives and auto mechanics.

Most of QVC's products are made in China, so I'm not sure why some would even be watching QVC or have such high contributor statuses on these forums if they were so opposed to where QVC's products are manufactured.  If you'd stand outside a restaurant protesting their low food standards with a picket sign, then eat there for lunch, you shouldn't be surprised when people question your behavior.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Esteemed Contributor

@Quse wrote:

Every time I click on the website, I see another washed up "celebrity" being advertised as selling some tchotchke. Having people with name recognition does not entice me to buy some over priced item made in China, just because there is a "celebrity" attached to it. Seriously, it's insulting.

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

LOL!!!

I wish they would bring in more appealing shoes everyone doesn't wear the clunky heel, platforms, wedges or high heels.  Where are the shoe designers?