Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Grief! "Celebrity" overload

I don't think Catherine and Michael use her offerings in her home. She may have used her expensive beddings to make a low-quality copy. What are they multi-billionaires?

Regular Contributor

There are 2 vendors -- one on QVC and one on HSN who lead you to believe they have "invented" their products.   Most of the time, they did not invent the item.  They bought the rights, patent whatever and let the public assume they created it.  Wise up, people.

Honored Contributor

I automatically dismiss anything related to "celebrities."  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Celebrity endorsements often have a reverse effect on me. I assume they're promoting junk and that if the product were really good, the manufacturer wouldn't have to hire a "star." I especially detest skin products promoted by women who have had immense amounts of "work" done by doctors. I don't care where in Europe that stuff is made. And don't show me a 30 year old and tell me how young she looks. I looked young at 30 without any creamy glop!

Frequent Contributor

'I agree with all coments.

Respected Contributor

Why people need to make assumptions about why others do or don't like something is beyond me. Has nothing at all to do with jealously or envy! I prefer to give praise to regular people doing wonderful things. Those heros deserve so much more support and love. Watching people swoon and worship celebs is disheartening when so many deserving people make so little money doing amazing heroic things. 

Maybe instead of make assumption about why people don't care for celebs ask yourself why you think they're better than regular people. 

Contributor

This Celebrity talk is getting to me too. People believe this???

Especiallky in the beauty category. Mos of the Ladies who sell this stuff had work done on theur faces its very obvious... No matter how much cream you put on its not changing anything! Good skin care is essential and QVC lhas good products. I think we are smart enough and dont need the "C' word.

Super Contributor

Oh I so agree.  When celebrities show up, I run in the opposite direction!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the consensus---perhaps QVC Executives and Buyers may get star crossed with "celebrity endorsements" it appears most QVC customers don't give a darn that a celebrity endorsed something or was a designer or co-designer-- All we want is good quality merchandise at a good price!!!  When a celebrity puts their name on something all that means is the price is higher!!  

And Im also tired of hearing any QVC vendors say .....the celebrities love our product....doesnt mean a thing to me........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

Why people need to make assumptions about why others do or don't like something is beyond me. Has nothing at all to do with jealously or envy! I prefer to give praise to regular people doing wonderful things. Those heros deserve so much more support and love. Watching people swoon and worship celebs is disheartening when so many deserving people make so little money doing amazing heroic things. 

Maybe instead of make assumption about why people don't care for celebs ask yourself why you think they're better than regular people. 

@Lali1

Its amusing to me in these interviews the media thinks they have something "magical" going on and they have all the answers and can solve all the world's problems...when the celebrities lives are in such a mess.....LOL!

Like you I would rather applaud those creative minds that are ordinary janes and joes that come up wih clever products........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”