Respected Contributor

“Going, Going, Gone!!” BeGone!!!

[ Edited ]

Hate this newest feature on QVC.com...that pop-up, "GOING, GOING, GONE!" is just an annoyance. It NEVER makes me feel urgent to buy...which I assume is their goal. I can't click it away fast enough.

How many others feel the same here? Does it make you feel urgent to buy, or just annoy you?!

I mean, I get it...it's kind of their online version of their on-air "only 100 left of the blue!...if you are thinking of that one, better order now!"....so it let's you, supposedly know, there's not many of that one left...maybe. But to me...I ignore it, and continue to analyze for myself if I want the product or not.

What say you guys?

Frequent Contributor

Re: “Going, Going, Gone!!” BeGone!!!

Definity gets on all of my nerves, get it gone.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No, a pop-up that disappears in a few seconds doesn't bother me.

QVC's job is to sell.  It's existence depends on it, so they will look for every possible way to sell more.  It's normal behavior for a retailer to do so.  

It can be helpful for the buyer, though.  Kind of a warning.  If I am interested in something and the pop-up says 743 were sold today, then I might think more seriously about buying it then or it may be "sold out."  Of course, that's what QVC wants us to do.  I saw one today that said 743 were sold today.  

We hear all the time, "it's the only order of the year" and "it won't return until next year."

Esteemed Contributor

I find it very annoying 👎

Trusted Contributor

Yes it is annoying.  I get the pop up for things not in my cart or not on my wishlist.  The only place I don't get pop ups is on this forum page, but give them time.  They care about all the wrong things.  

shopper here since 1986

Trusted Contributor

HSN website has something similar. The goal is to make people urgently BUY.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

HSN website has something similar. The goal is to make people urgently BUY.

Yes, it is...but that was my point...not effective on me. I wonder how many people it does work on vs. those like myself, just annoyed and click it away, paying no mind. I mean people often say "if it wasn't working they wouldn't do it"...maybe...maybe not these days. QVC has changed in so many ways, with "new" tactics...and maybe I'm just old school, and not "changing" with the demographics, age, time changes they are trying to capture...but some things they were GREAT at before, that suck now...never go out of style. Great customer service, for starters. Being "A-political" another. This year they jumped on a few of those band wagons, but I'm sure pressure was there as EVERY corporation did too.

At any rate...my original post was, wondering who thought it annoying and who actually felt more urged to BUY because of those pop-ups.

They just have zero effect on me online...whereas, I admit...sometimes the on-air..."almost sold out!"..did effect my buying.

Valued Contributor

Yes, it is annoying and every website you go to has the same.  To me the online shopping experience is becoming less and less attractive.  Toss in the issues with trying to get an item into the home is beyond annoying.  I am hopefully getting a small tree ornament today that I ordered 12/03 !  Refunds take many weeks.  Then there is the packaging to deal with.  Going inside a store and selecting something in stock and leaving with it has some appeal.

Contributor

This is the most irritating pop-up on your product info. page!

I just went to read up on a particular product and my reading scan was blocked by this interruption. The had some trouble in my iPad to scroll around to fine the "X" button. I ended up just exiting off the page and not purchasing anything!

Too many distractions on an already busy information page. Please remove this!

Valued Contributor

It is annoying and it needs to come with a ‘minimum’ number of adds. One day it popped up and it said 8 other people had added it to their cart.

Oh no! Not 8 people!!! 🤷🏼‍♀️