Frequent Contributor

Re: GoCool Instant Cooling Infinity Wraps?

They didn't work for me either. The vendor and host almost froze to death wearing them and they never got cool for me.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@LEXIE wrote:

Don't bother ordering these....You will save money just by using a wet towel.  These do not stay moist, even if you follow the instructions to a "t".  Complete waste of money.  The company is laughing all the way to the bank.

If you use a wet towel, pick a light one, like a flour sack towel or even a pillowcase and not a bath towel. The advantage of the GoCool towels is that they're thin so they don't get heavy and hot. They're also more attractive than a flour sack towel. They don't stay wet forever and need to be wet down again, but that's not difficult. Some say you need to use hot water, but that's not true. Evaporative cooling will work even if you dunk the towel in ice water.

I have a set of similar towels I got on sale at the end of last summer and they were a life saver when my AC went out this year. My friend moved into a house they built earlier this year and she spends every weekend outdoors landscaping and taking care of her horses. I got her another set of similar towels when they were on sale elsewhere and she loves them. That set came with wristbands, which are very effective because they fit over the pulse point. She can even use them at her desk at work where she keeps a fan because she's been having hot flashes. Evaporative cooling wristbands + fan = happy friend.

You know using them on pulse points on wrist makes sense...and you don't get all wet.

Respected Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I am going to take them with me and try them out down south when we go on vacation. I watched the video and understood how it works but I wonder if I had sent it as a gift what the recipient would have done with no instructions.

Has anyone had good results with these? How long does it stay cool.

The only work as long as they stay wet (as the video says) I got my hubby one for yardwork, but here in Phoenix, it stayed wet for about 20 mins. I guess I expected more,  just a cloth really.

What bothered me is that they marketed it as something 'magical' in the cloth and I really could not feel any more cooling than any piece of nylon would provide.

Respected Contributor

@Rileyx wrote:

They didn't work for me either. The vendor and host almost froze to death wearing them and they never got cool for me.

Yes ....what an actress!