Respected Contributor

Glass Burner Cover & Prep Board

I'd buy two if they had an abstract multicolor modern pattern or even just solid jewel-tone colors. None of these current patterns go in my kitchen. I remember a multi color Gerbera Daisy pattern that was close. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Glass Burner Cover & Prep Board

I have the daisy one and am about to give it to charity.  It's so slippery I don't dare to put my crock pot on it - which is why I purchased it.    Wish I could 'hand' it to you!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I have an electric stove which I've never used because I burn everything (that's another story).  So I purchased a pair of black marble looking burner covers.  I now have more counter space than I've ever dreamed of having in my small kitchen.  I got them from the Harriet Carter catalog.  I think they have a website too.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@fthunt, I have a countertop cover from Tufttop and I sit my crockpot on it when I use it and I have never had a problem sliding!

I am ordering two of these for season decor for my kitchen, one in sunflower and the other in pumpkin!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty

I have my kitchen gadget's which includes my crock pot sitting on the cover nearest the wall.  The other cover just adds to my counter space.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

QVC used to offer the black marble pattern glass burner covers, I have and love them.

I notice that all the covers they offer now have pictures of fruit, seashells, flags, etc. on them. These are not neutral enough for some people's taste. They should bring back the marble pattern (in black or other colors), or maybe do one that looks like a tile mosaic.

Honored Contributor

I keep saying I'm going to do the same & buy an induction burner for boiling water for pasta, rice or potatoes.   I live alone and do very little cooking.

To the OP, did you see the sunflowers?

Honored Contributor

I've watched these burner covers and think they're a wonderful idea and I watched this morning for the "Black Marble" coloration.  It wasn't there (drat!) because I have black appliances and I think it would look great.

I have a gas stove with rather large burner grates, does anyone know how high the little legs are on the covers?  TIA  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I've watched these burner covers and think they're a wonderful idea and I watched this morning for the "Black Marble" coloration.  It wasn't there (drat!) because I have black appliances and I think it would look great.

I have a gas stove with rather large burner grates, does anyone know how high the little legs are on the covers?  TIA  Woman Happy

I was wondering about that also. I have large grates and if it wouldn't have a perfect fit, it wouldn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

I agree and find the designs they offer to be very unattractive.  They ought to let Bob Mackie design them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment