Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gift for men idea. A set of four of each: undershirt tees, underwear, socks with nice packaging.

@kittyloo wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Some nice hankerchiefs might be nice....

@Nataliesgramma  everyone now is such a germaphobe. 

can't remember the last time i saw a man actually use a handkerchief.  my dad used one every day of his life. 

honk, refold, re-pocket.  different era. 

IHubby uses them to wipe his brow or clean his glasses and so do the other men when they are dressed up in suits....They are all over 50 though...

Valued Contributor

Re: Gift for men idea. A set of four of each: undershirt tees, underwear, socks with nice packaging.

@Mindy D  When I was married I always bought my husband socks/underwear as well as a few other gifts for Christmas. I've also always bought my dad socks (and other gifts) as well for Christmas I don't think there is anything at all wrong with this. I cannot imagine being so rude as to be unappreciative of ANY gift that I was given. Some people really need to LEARN what it's like to have NOTHING and to be THANKFUL that you even received a pair of socks. My poor dad didn't even have food growing up let alone clean warm socks, so he's very appreciative of them!

I also grew up without much, but as a matter of fact I don't want anything for Christmas nor do I ask for anything, bc I can do without. I also think more people should do the same.

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D nothing wrong with that idea. My DH was from a large family, so necessities often were given as gifts. While I give him a variety of gifts for Christmas, socks and underwear often show up under the tree. Being that I'm writing this on Thanksgiving, I want to say he is thankful for any gift he gets (as we all should be).

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D I think that is a good idea.  Would have to have the choice of boxers or briefs for the men.  It was a tradition in my family which is still followed.  Everyone got new underwear, socks, and pajamas for Christmas.  New bathrobes and slippers if needed.  Pajamas for the kids were opened Christmas Eve.

When as an adult and single mom during a rough financial patch my Mom started giving me a HUGE supply of pantyhose from an outlet store.  It definitely helped my budget and spirits and I could go off to the office looking good every day.