Honored Contributor

Re: Gift for men idea. A set of four of each: undershirt tees, underwear, socks with nice packaging.

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Underwear and socks as GIFTS? No. Just no. Those are everyday necessities that get replaced or replenished as needed, not gifts. 

The gift would come with four tee shirts as well as underwear and socks. I guess, to each his own. Thanks for replying and Happy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gift for men idea. A set of four of each: undershirt tees, underwear, socks with nice packaging.

Sorry but that's not a gift.  How would YOU like to get some white briefs for Christmas?  

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Some nice hankerchiefs might be nice....

@Nataliesgramma  everyone now is such a germaphobe. 

can't remember the last time i saw a man actually use a handkerchief.  my dad used one every day of his life. 

honk, refold, re-pocket.  different era. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Sorry but that's not a gift.  How would YOU like to get some white briefs for Christmas?  

Maybe just a set that includes tees and socks. Socks are the biggest selling gift.

Honored Contributor

Do men still wear white briefs anymore?

This sounds like a good gift package to donate to the homeless men's shelter.

My DH would think this was a Gag gift if he received white briefs.

Esteemed Contributor

The only under ware I  gift is Tommy Johns. 

Honored Contributor

I can see things like this as a stocking stuffer or an ancillary gift, but that's about it... As for handkerchiefs, I don't know a single man who still uses them as opposed to disposable tissues, thankfully... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

No, just no.

I have never gifted a pac of tighty whities in my life and I won't start now.

@Still Raining  I'm with you!  

You don’t buy these items for your SO?

@Mindy D  Nope.  I do not buy those for him.  My gifts to him celebrate moments we've shared or moments we will share - both are sacred to me.  HIs gifts to me are the same.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D My ex would wear his underwear and socks til they were ragged....he would never buy new replacements.  Especially In the lean years of our marriage, he often got new underwear and socks as part of his gifts under the tree, and was genuinely glad to get them.

Christmas gifts....and what each couple thinks are appropriate presents...are as varied as people are.  There are guys who would like to get them.  I'm guessing the OP would be getting her hubs a few other gifts, in addition to the underwear and socks!

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D, I think you have a terrific idea!! My hubby is not a shopper so that would be a great gift assortment for him! I'm not too proud to gift him with these items and he's not too proud to gratefully accept them!