Honored Contributor

Gift for men idea. A set of four of each: undershirt tees, underwear, socks with nice packaging.

[ Edited ]

This idea would be for next year; but a set using name brands such as Hanes, Jockey or Fruit of the Loom. The items should be WELL MADE items, packaged as a gift. Men need tee undershirts, underwear and socks. A bundled set for men would make a great gift. Even as a Today’s Special Value, it would be great. The Tees should come in white, black or gray. The socks should come in white or black. The underwear should come in white briefs. Offer a second set with free S/H. Offer Big and Talls too. Men need this and women buy this for their special guys every holiday, so why not capitalize on it? To be clear, One bundled set would include 12 items. The tee shirts are not just worn as undergarments. They are Tee shirts.

EDITED TO ADD that “According to research firm NPD Group, they are the item of clothing given the most to men or women in the US for Hanukah or Christmas.”

Quoted from Quartz Magazine online.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gift for men idea. A set of four of each: undershirt tees, underwear, socks with nice packaging.

No, just no.

I have never gifted a pac of tighty whities in my life and I won't start now.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gift for men idea. A set of four of each: undershirt tees, underwear, socks with nice packaging.

@Still Raining wrote:

No, just no.

@Still Raining  I'm with you!  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

No, just no.

Not a pack of tighty whites. A nicely packaged set which includes four tees, four sets of socks and four pairs of briefs. I always wind up adding some of these in with my holiday purchases for my husband. He loves getting new ones. Of course, this isn’t his only gift. He wears gray and black tees often. These are tee shirts, not really just underwear, unless you buy the white. I hate how they look in the regular packaging. 

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

No, just no.

@Still Raining  I'm with you!  

You don’t buy these items for your SO?

Respected Contributor

Underwear and socks as GIFTS? No. Just no. Those are everyday necessities that get replaced or replenished as needed, not gifts. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

No, just no.

Not a pack of tighty whites. A nicely packaged set which includes four tees, four sets of socks and four pairs of briefs. I always wind up adding some of these in with my holiday purchases for my husband. He loves getting new ones. Of course, this isn’t his only gift. He wears gray and black tees often. These are tee shirts, not really just underwear, unless you buy the white. I hate how they look in the regular packaging. 

A grown man needs to buy his own.  That way he can get exactly what he wants.

I have washed too many loads of this stuff.

i have purchased some very nice running sox once for a gift, but that is it.

If it were me, I would be insulted.

Respected Contributor

No thanks.  This type of underwear is widely available for purchase in big box stores, even supermarkets.  White briefs?  No way.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'll admit that alot of men could use some quality T shirts, but I wouldn't consider buying them as a gift.

Hubby has preferences on the kind of shirts he likes...

Esteemed Contributor

Some nice hankerchiefs might be nice....