Regular Contributor

Get the vendors back in studio

All of the vendors need to return to their pre-Covid on air presence - especially when an entire hour or more is dedicated to selling their brand.  In some cases we are being asked to consider paying $70+ for a sweater offered by a brand whose desigenr is spending the winter in a resort area.  I don't begudge anyone winter travel but are you working or vacationing?  Perhaps the profit margins are the main reason that the prices in some lines are becoming ridiculous.  It should be the case now that in order to have a full show with your line - you or your substitute rep need to be in studio.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Get the vendors back in studio

Why????   

Honored Contributor

@22eyesblue wrote:

All of the vendors need to return to their pre-Covid on air presence - especially when an entire hour or more is dedicated to selling their brand.  In some cases we are being asked to consider paying $70+ for a sweater offered by a brand whose desigenr is spending the winter in a resort area.  I don't begudge anyone winter travel but are you working or vacationing?  Perhaps the profit margins are the main reason that the prices in some lines are becoming ridiculous.  It should be the case now that in order to have a full show with your line - you or your substitute rep need to be in studio.  

None of this makes much sense.

Honored Contributor

Is it the vendors' choice or does QVC prefer it that way to save money?  If QVC wanted them there, they'd have their fannies on the set.  

I honestly don't care what the vendors do...go on vacation, skype from home, appear on the set.  Whatever they do isn't going to influence my purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy... 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Is it the vendors' choice or does QVC prefer it that way to save money?  If QVC wanted them there, they'd have their fannies on the set.  

I honestly don't care what the vendors do...go on vacation, skype from home, appear on the set.  Whatever they do isn't going to influence my purchases.

@Foxxee  The Vendor pays, not QVC.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee  The Vendor pays, not QVC.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Well, no wonder vendors don't want to return to the set.

Respected Contributor

If there are two hosts, why have a vendor. So much overtalking and silliness. I hate it when an offsite vendor has technical difficulties and the screen freezes. Sometimes the color quality is degraded. I just switch the channel.

Trusted Contributor

I have to admit I somewhat understand where the OP is coming from. In my opinion, for what it's worth, One Host and One Vendor. The host (usually) knows how to show the item, questions to ask, and how their presentations work. Whereas, the vendor (again, usually) knows all the details of their product. I find this combination works best.

As for actually appearing in person, it gives me the impression the vendor is more invested in their product than someone skyping from the Bahamas or their living room, etc. 

With all that said, I can't think of a case where I refused to make a purchase because the vendor was not in the studio. It just seems like they care a little more about what they are selling when they make a personal appearance. It does seem as though the company would want the vendor on site when they have a TSV though. 

Honored Contributor

@22eyesblue  What do you care what the vendors are doing or where they go?  Makes NO sense. Buy or don't buy.