Super Contributor

QVC should offer flash free shipping not flash easy pay! There’s always easy pay never free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Free shipping not easy pay

And easy pay doesn't save any of us any money at all. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmetoo the point of easypay is to enable the consumer to spend more. People whose credit cards 💳 or budgets almost at the limit can squeeze in a few 

dollars more each month. It is a way to dig a deep financial hole. I never use it, it also becomes too difficult to

keep track of payments. This is only mho.

Honored Contributor

I never use easy pay, so they're not doing me any "favors".  They're definitely not customer-oriented at all.  HSN at least offers other types of deals fairly regularly...i.e., 20% discount, $5 all day shipping, $20 for orders over $99.  True, they don't offer those "perks" all the time, but it's enough to have me shopping with them more and more, and QVC less and less.

Honored Contributor

Free shipping is obviously much more expensive for the company.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Say what you want but QVC is getting some type of kick-bacfk from Syncrony bank because they constantly push the Q-card - banking on customers not paying it off each month - and their stupid easy pay of $7.00 a month for a half year!  QVC would not do this if it wasn't more money in their pockets so forget free shipping....what MOST customers want even though it takes 2 weeks to get your item is free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@itsmetoo the point of easypay is to enable the consumer to spend more. People whose credit cards 💳 or budgets almost at the limit can squeeze in a few 

dollars more each month. It is a way to dig a deep financial hole. I never use it, it also becomes too difficult to

@IMW  I think it may be more a matter of people have a budget and they use easy pay to stay within it, rather than being nearly maxed out on their  credit cards. Let’s give people credit. Pun not intended.

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@IMW 

Oh, I understand the purpose of easy pay.  I was just saying that it doesn't save the customer any money whereas free shipping does. 

Super Contributor

I always use Easy Pay because I want the least amount of my money tied up until I receive and try the items. Refunds take a long time so I never pay full amount until I have the item in hand. 

Honored Contributor

People like different perks.  I don't like putting one perk down just because I prefer a certain type.  

Free shipping is liked by a lot of people.  In the last week or ten days, Q had a free shipping day and another offer of free shipping for certain categories.  We're seeing more of these but, IMO, I doubt there will be a lot on a regular basis since shipping is one area where Q makes a profit. 

A lot of people use easy pay without ever getting in a hole.  I don't like the assumption that all people get in a deep hole just because they use it.  It works well for a lot of people.