Trusted Contributor

Re: Free and fast shipping- ALWAYS

@loriqvc wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Not true.

They do not have "middle men".

They need to take in a little less profit for now and they need to start thinking about keeping the customers they still have.

@alarmclock - QVC is all about middle men! That approach is one of the reasons it is experiencing such issues with its ordering and shipping practices lately—so many of its items are stocked and sold by third parties that it has little control over processing and shipping anymore. I'm sure this strategy saves the company some money, but it's becoming more and more clear that it isn't translating into efficiency, effectiveness, or customer satisfaction.

QVC and all of the shopping networks use the reason of not having middle men to be able to offer us great prices.

Just repeating what they all say.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

Today's TSV has free shipping, as does the Big Deal, which is quite nice considering the size and weight of these sets. I realize that you're just offering a suggestion, but you should know that QVC will not be offering regular free shipping anytime soon because shipping fees are a big part of the company's cost model. The Q would literally go out of business if everything shipped free all the time—or it would have to double the prices of its entire inventory, which would also likely result in bankruptcy because no one would buy items at those rates.

---------------- 

But I often wonder....how do so many other retailers offer products with zero shipping and handling??  And their prices are not more expensive than those that do charge S/H??  Am not talking about Amazon 's Prime, though I love that plan!!  

@corita.  Other companies don't have the huge expense of operating several 24 hour TV stations.   QVC has a very complex, high overhead operation.

Not true.

They need to take in a little less profit for now and they need to start thinking about keeping the customers they still have.

@alarmclock.   Of course they do.  The vendor is the middleman between the manufacturer and the Q, the merchant.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - Just FYI, alarmclock posted the response you're replying to, not corita. (It can get tricksy navigating all the quoted replies to replies!)

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc.  Thanks, I fixed it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

Today's TSV has free shipping, as does the Big Deal, which is quite nice considering the size and weight of these sets. I realize that you're just offering a suggestion, but you should know that QVC will not be offering regular free shipping anytime soon because shipping fees are a big part of the company's cost model. The Q would literally go out of business if everything shipped free all the time—or it would have to double the prices of its entire inventory, which would also likely result in bankruptcy because no one would buy items at those rates.

---------------- 

But I often wonder....how do so many other retailers offer products with zero shipping and handling??  And their prices are not more expensive than those that do charge S/H??  Am not talking about Amazon 's Prime, though I love that plan!!  

@corita.  Other companies don't have the huge expense of operating several 24 hour TV stations.   QVC has a very complex, high overhead operation.

Not true.

@alarmclock.   Of course they do.  The vendor is the middleman between the manufacturer and the Q, the merchant.

Well, you better tell QVC.  That's how they explain how good their prices are.  They are not brick and mortar, right?

That's the sales pitch, right?

Riiiiiight.