Valued Contributor

Forums here are for us to voice our opinions so please lets try to view others posts and replies.

Without getting offended or being accused of being judgmental/negative or a hater. When one listen to anothers opinion and maybe even considers what is being said, one might learn something. If it differs from ones own opinions, it's OK. This post does not apply to ones who bash someone based on race/religion/gender, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Forums here are for us to voice our opinions so please lets try to view others posts and replies

I would include disabilities to your list of unacceptable bashing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Forums here are for us to voice our opinions so please lets try to view others posts and replies

@Styleovertrend   I've been around awhile and I've never seen anyone criticized on the basis of race, religion, gender or disability.  The mods wouldn't allow it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Without getting offended or being accused of being judgmental/negative or a hater. When one listen to anothers opinion and maybe even considers what is being said, one might learn something. If it differs from ones own opinions, it's OK. This post does not apply to ones who bash someone based on race/religion/gender, etc. 

So it is okay to bash for reasons other than Race/ religion/ gender, etc?

Having an opinion when it comes to another human being such as a vendor, host or other poster, unless it is something that is kind, should best be kept to ourselves.

Having an opinion about an event, a material good, diet, or some other non person issue should be discussed in a rational way..yes, we can all learn something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Styleovertrend wrote:

So it is okay to bash for reasons other than Race/ religion/ gender, etc?

Having an opinion when it comes to another human being such as a vendor, host or other poster, unless it is something that is kind, should best be kept to ourselves.

Having an opinion about an event, a material good, diet, or some other non person issue should be discussed in a rational way..yes, we can all learn something.

Agree.  To add, it's the moderators job to monitor and decide what posts should be removed/deleted/closed shouild they so determine.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a big difference between rendering an opinion and "being judgmental/negative or a hater", a distinction that oft times is sorely missed.

It would be helpful if some posters "listened" to their posts as if it were being said to/about them before submitting.  Often it is not so much what is said but how it is said.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 I know that-I was meaning anywhere and everywhere outside of here. 

Valued Contributor

@alicedee of course! And disabilities that aren't seen! People want to base opinions on what they see without knowing anything at all about a person. Generally, what ones sees initially with just their eyes is rarely what something/someone is.

Esteemed Contributor

I rather enjoy a spirited debate of opinions, as long as they are respectful. Some, migrate into vicious attacks if an opinion, or consensus is offered that differs from that of an offending poster.

Bashing should never be permitted. I believe the moderators do an excellent job monitoring said, offensive posts.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles  You are always respectful. Almost everyone could learn from you.