Respected Contributor

I know QVC has been trying to straighen out some issues with the new forum, but I still have an issue I cannot resolve.

When I read the boards I just hit "View All Forum Topics" which gives me all the most recent posts.  If I add a post to someone's thread the computer takes me back to the  first page of "View All Forum Topics" again and not back to where I was.

It's very annoying.  Is there something in my settings that I can change or is this normal? 

Respected Contributor

I've never used it, I usually go to specific forums.  I'm testing it now.

I stayed on the thread I posted on and had to click back to get where I was.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@debc wrote:

OK.  I guess it's doing it just when you are at View All Forum Topics that it's happening.  It is just annoying when I'm on page 3 or 4 of the topics and then after I post it takes me back to page 1.

Trusted Contributor

That just happened to me again! The old software took you to your response in the thread. Why doesn't thois version?

I'd also appreciate knowing how to return to my response if anyone here can help.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I know QVC has been trying to straighen out some issues with the new forum, but I still have an issue I cannot resolve.

When I read the boards I just hit "View All Forum Topics" which gives me all the most recent posts.  If I add a post to someone's thread the computer takes me back to the  first page of "View All Forum Topics" again and not back to where I was.

It's very annoying.  Is there something in my settings that I can change or is this normal? 

I miss that part of the forum format too. I just hope this is something that is being looked into ?

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@debc wrote:

OK.  I guess it's doing it just when you are at View All Forum Topics that it's happening.  It is just annoying when I'm on page 3 or 4 of the topics and then after I post it takes me back to page 1.

Yup, it happens to me as well... really frustrating. Hopefully, IT is working on fixing it. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Formatting Question

[ Edited ]

If you're moved out of the thread after submitting a post, to remain in the thread, you need to change your settings.

Go to "My Settings," and then "Preferences."

Scroll down and uncheck "Show confirmation pages for posts."

Scroll down and click "SAVE."

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

If you're still within the thread after submitting your response, you'll see this toward the top of the screen:

"Success!  Click to go to your post."

Click/tap on that message and it will take you directly to the post you submitted.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I wish they would show new views on the topic the way it used to be. I don't want to open up my thread every time to check views.

I could look at my thread and see 28,000 views immediately and know that people were looking at my pics. The line only goes to 10 and then I have to skip over to page 71, shouldn't be that difficult to fix and so many steps not needed.

Valued Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I wish they would show new views on the topic the way it used to be. I don't want to open up my thread every time to check views.

I could look at my thread and see 28,000 views immediately and know that people were looking at my pics. The line only goes to 10 and then I have to skip over to page 71, shouldn't be that difficult to fix and so many steps not needed.

You can change your settings to show more posts per page.  Go to settings, preferences, Linear layout.  I have mine set at the max of 100 topics per page, and 50 posts per page in each forum.  It makes it a lot easier, not to have to be paging ahead all the time.  Also from the main forum page ( ex Suggestion Box) on any topic, on the far right side it lists the most recent post.  If you click on the  "time" of the last post, it will take you to the very last post in the thread, if you want to see how many times it has been viewed.  (Not as easy as before, but a couple of less steps, anyway!)

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."