Contributor

I am a senior and live alone.  I don't own a deep freeze.  Would love bagels but 24 of them is not possible.  Not enough room in my fridge freezer.  Even if I did have room I could not consume that much.  Got them once and the unopened bags filled with frost before I could eat them.  How about 12 offered sometimes?  

Honored Contributor

Re: For people who live alone

@anxious1.  I have the same problem but can see where it wouldn't be economically feasible for them to sell and ship so few.  People have long asked for smaller sizes of many food products but hasn't happened.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@anxious1 wrote:

I am a senior and live alone.  I don't own a deep freeze.  Would love bagels but 24 of them is not possible.  Not enough room in my fridge freezer.  Even if I did have room I could not consume that much.  Got them once and the unopened bags filled with frost before I could eat them.  How about 12 offered sometimes?  

Get a vacuum sealer machine that sucks the air out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@anxious1  Do you think you could find a neighbor or friend to split it? 

Respected Contributor

A lot of us in the same position. 

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago, I bought a small upright 3.2cf freezer I intended to put it in the garage, but the instruction advised against it so I put it on my covered patio in the back of my house in my fenced yard.

It has worked out well but I still can't store a ton of stuff.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

he sells 12 on his site

justbagels dot com

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Regular Contributor

I usually order off the Just Bagels website. You can order a 12 pack and you can pick your own flavors 2 packs of 6 and free shipping. And the price is usually almost as good as it is on QVC. 

Respected Contributor

@Josmad wrote:

I usually order off the Just Bagels website. You can order a 12 pack and you can pick your own flavors 2 packs of 6 and free shipping. And the price is usually almost as good as it is on QVC. 

Good to know. I buy 24 and they last quite a while. I close them tightly in the bags they come in and they keep well for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live solo and get bagels (that have a good amount of fiber) from my local grocers.

I pre-slice them for storage in both parts of my apartment-sized refrigerator/freezer.

Since I've loved bagels since childhood, I'd rather keep them around than some other things so I make sure I have room for them.