Super Contributor

For Those of Us Who Choose NOT to be on Facebook

Many hosts will say "go to my Facebook page" when there is an item that will not be shown in a show or for previews of items. There are many of us who are not on Facebook (some of us choose this). Would you make this also available through blogs we can access on this website?

For those who say you don't need a Facebook account to access a page, that it not entirely true. You get a superficial version and cannot navigate it without liking the entire page.

Honored Contributor

Re: For Those of Us Who Choose NOT to be on Facebook

I agree. I'm a holdout who won't join Facebook, too.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 handygal said: I agree. I'm a holdout who won't join Facebook, too.

Same here. I resent that everything now is going to FB and you cannot participate or get information unless you belong to Facebook. I still won't join though.

Honored Contributor

I resent it too, but they're far from being the only retailer pushing FB down the throats of their customers and making special promotions available only to those on FB. Besides, you don't have to 'belong' to Facebook in order to visit their pages and to get the information, links or information about deals. I fail to see the point but assume retail gurus think that like lemmings to the sea, we're all sort of mindless and will all get caught up in FB buying frenzies...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have no desire to be on Facebook. Anything I miss out on because of this is okay with me: it's my choice.

Super Contributor

I think that Facebook is just another modern retail technique/requirement. It's popular with many people, and the Q would look outdated if they didn't have a Facebook presence, the same way people would be surprises if they weren't online or didn't have online shopping.
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 PenneyT said: I think that Facebook is just another modern retail technique/requirement. It's popular with many people, and the Q would look outdated if they didn't have a Facebook presence, the same way people would be surprises if they weren't online or didn't have online shopping.

True

except they spend too much on screen time with the Social Media during the shows, I don't care what movie, Jane from LittleTown just saw. Talk about what you are selling!

Esteemed Contributor

I see your point. There are sites which require me to log on via FB only to get some sort of great deal; I ditch those even though I have a FB profile and am active there. Helps me control who knows what about me, my likes, my habits. That said, I'm guessing the percentage of QVC shoppers who don't have a Facebook profile must be very small.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 stevieb said:

I resent it too, but they're far from being the only retailer pushing FB down the throats of their customers and making special promotions available only to those on FB. Besides, you don't have to 'belong' to Facebook in order to visit their pages and to get the information, links or information about deals. I fail to see the point but assume retail gurus think that like lemmings to the sea, we're all sort of mindless and will all get caught up in FB buying frenzies...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Yes. It again goes back to the phenomenon of "sheep following the herd."
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I had a facebook account once and did not like it ... I took it down after having it up for a few days. If a preview of QVC clothing could only be seen via facebook then that's there loss they will lose a customer in me because I do not choose to have a facebook account. No great loss for me. I shop mostly online anyway.