Valued Contributor

Fix the "Quote" function (for multiple quoting)

Bravo to QVC's I.T. Dept. for finally providing "notifications" to those who are quoted by another poster.  But what is alarming ...if several quotes are performed on one post:

I cannot read the earlier posts because the verbiage appears faded, even if letters were originally in black script.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fix the "Quote" function (for multiple quoting)

@mercyMe. I don't understand your msg.  I've always received notification when I've been quoted.  Older quotes do tend to become less distinct when there are many subsequent to them but I hardly find it "alarming".  You can always go back and read the original.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Oddly @Kachina624, I have never rec'd. a notification (prior to a week ago) unless a poster would type in the @ sign which would "reflect my name" to inform me of being quoted.   

What a time waster that would be to go back and re-read pg. after pg. trying to find what a previous poster "WROTE" simply due to the text being illegible.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

I don't understand your msg.  I hardly find it "alarming".  You can always go back and read the original.

@Kachina624The Suggestion Box is for QVC to take note of, not for other posters to be snide and rude.

Honored Contributor

@mercyMewrote:

Oddly @Kachina624, I have never rec'd. a notification (prior to a week ago) unless a poster would type in the @ sign which would "reflect my name" to inform me of being quoted.   

What a time waster that would be to go back and re-read pg. after pg. trying to find what a previous poster "WROTE" simply due to the text being illegible.

@mercyMewrote:

@mercyMe@It is the @ symbol and the user name that triggers a notification.  You won't get one unless that combination is used.

@Mona_L. I thought you might be interested in a practical solution since the software package they use for the boards has limitations.  There are many things people have suggested that can't be done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

Kachina is completely misunderstanding my entire statement.   Everyone knows how to notify anyone with the @ sign.   My simple statement was ... before a few weeks ago, when someone quoted me, I never knew about it unless they manually typed in the @(nic-name).   Now it is occurring automatically thanks to the Q for which I am grateful.

My other point is After multiple quotes on one post, I cannot read the earlier posts, so why bother.  I was hoping the I.T. Dept could "fix this issue."   Simple suggestion.