Honored Contributor

Re: Fiasco of a Black Friday weekend on the Q

[ Edited ]

Same, uh, stuff... different year.

It's always like this. If you didn't like it this year, you probably won't ever like it. I didn't and so I decided to move on... The programming, product mix and 'gift' selection is atrocious.., This isn't the place to be for gifts most people might actually welcome, real deals, or quick and cheap shipping...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

QVC's disaster couldn't compare with the Chicago Bears disastrous game.  Fire Fox.  By the way, some fan held up the logo of Firefox with a subtle implication.  Maybe we can use subtlity on the Q.  Couldn't hurt?

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling that the people who complain the strongest are the same people that will not admit that they watch QVC all day like a TV reality show -- for entertainment.  QVC knows they have no choice but to only focus on highest sales this weekend.

More and more these years, total annual online sales from holiday season shopping amounts to a huge 20% of retail's annual sales.  That's not from Christmas in July thru the end of December, that's only 60 days -- November & December.  So these hard sell, all-day programming of basically one product is not at all surprising.  Friday thru today is pivotal for all retail.  Overall online shopping on this past Black Friday hit $5 billion.  Today, Cyber Monday, online sales is projected to reach $6.6 billion. 

Don't expect to see anything but all-day hard sales on their one or two products they have decided will bring in the most dollars.

Tuesday/tomorrow you'll be thinking Wen and Denim & Co. shows are actually refreshing! Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

No good deals

boring, repetitive programming

hosts faking excitement with over the top theatrics

whoever programmed this weekend needs to be fired. And I believe we have a computer at midnight that will probably be shown ad nauseum all day Sunday. What a disastrous start to the Holiday season.

At least you weren't able to complain too much about David Venable. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a lot of Christmas gifts from the Q. 

I bought very pretty blankets that were a TSV several days ago. The pattern is Fair isle. Bought two for my two beds in light blue (plus the matching sheet set), light blue blanket for my sister (I showed it to her online and she loved it!) and the same blanket in another color for my best friend.

I also bought clothes for my best friend that she saw me wearing so I purchased the same for her in different colors. Bought the Peanuts (brand) Christmas throw for my grandniece, love Angels so purchased a few of those, 2 sets of adorable ornaments, 2 throws on clearance by LOGO, beautiful and soft robes by Stan Herman, love Carole Hochman's nightgowns (purchased for both my sister and me), Denim & Co. summer dresses, C Wonder cardigans, and a lot of other items that I am very happy with. 

I check the lunchtime specials daily from 11 am - 4 pm. 

I've found a lot of my recent purchases there. Half price!!!

Great deals.....and, yes, I have returned some items that don't fit. 

What I want to say to the OP is that I don't depend on the recent programs in order my gifts. I order what l see online, play the videos, read the reviews, then make up my mind what I want to order. I've ordered from the Q for 25 years or so....so I've come to know their quality.

I know the OP was talking specifically about the black Friday, and recent shows but if I'm not interested in what is on that day, l must go online to see what's on clearance.

And...that's how l do a lot of my shopping. I love QVC! Yes, it does seem like it takes a little longer to receive my orders, I don't care. I have other things more important to think about and to do....like pack up my entire home because I just moved recently moved.

I understand the OP didn't care for the programming this busy weekend but do like I do, just go online here at the Q or shop elsewhere.

Happy Holidays Everyone!! Smiley Happy

Edited to say... I made some errors that I'm unable to correct them because l'm using an old iPad !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It wasn't only QVC.  HSN, JTV, Evine, etc. were no better. The Cyber Monday deals were horrendous.

I don't think I had any shopping channel on for more than 30 minutes combined over the entire holiday weekend.  I knew it wouldn't be worth my while.

I did however, get a ton of shopping done on-line yesterday.  Most stores were 50% off and all were free s/h.

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Quite a few here would delight in nothing more than getting people fired.  Such holiday spirit!

I suggest that early in the year, customers who want to purchase certain items as gifts shold start sending the company their ideas for what they want to buy.

Same people, same complaints.  Yet there they are, everyday watching ... and complaining.

Yep. Same people complaining about posts day in and day out.  Yet here the posters are, reading the comments.......and complaining. 

Respected Contributor

@Rockycoast

The only way QVC is even staying in the race is easy pay.  I will purchase from Amazon any day over QVC, but for many, buying a vacuum cleaner, a Dooney & Bourke, or even make up, is easier on a monthly payment method.  

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette

Also thankful that my life does not revolve around what  and what not is shown on QVC. 

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

Merry Christmas!

Thankfully my Holiday Season has nothing to do with a shopping channels programming.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@makena wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Quite a few here would delight in nothing more than getting people fired.  Such holiday spirit!

I suggest that early in the year, customers who want to purchase certain items as gifts shold start sending the company their ideas for what they want to buy.

Same people, same complaints.  Yet there they are, everyday watching ... and complaining.

Yep. Same people complaining about posts day in and day out.  Yet here the posters are, reading the comments.......and complaining. 

@LipstickdivaI wonder if the people who constantly complain about posts all the time ever get tired of being snarky and rude so much. The particular poster in general seems to do nothing but make snarky replies and insult others. 

As for the OP, the Black Friday programming was awful, but it seemed to be like that all over. I was in Target Friday night, my mom wanted to go, and I didn't see any decent deals.