Super Contributor

Re: Fiasco of a Black Friday weekend on the Q

@Reever wrote:

No good deals

boring, repetitive programming

hosts faking excitement with over the top theatrics

whoever programmed this weekend needs to be fired. And I believe we have a computer at midnight that will probably be shown ad nauseum all day Sunday. What a disastrous start to the Holiday season.

Did you watch the entire weekend?  I didn't, I switched over to movie channel almost entire day and enjoyed it.  I don't like to see the same thing all day on QVC because it does tend to become boring.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Black Friday is for brick and mortar stores.  Saturday is to ShopSmallBusinesses.  Cyber Monday is  for the good deals from online shopping.

It's funny how people remark about the Q selling the same things but later posts threads wishing the Q would bring back items that it hasn't sold in decades.

Super Contributor

@qbetzforreal

I find it funny to complain about programing and how boring it was yet watch it all day to post a recap. I remember third grade girls complaining so and so wouldn't play with them at recess.  My response was "go play with someone else."  There were 30 more kids in class and well over 100 at recess.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Well, first of all, I agree with the OP about the programming without even watching.  All I had to do was look at the guide.  

Secondly, news flash.  QVC wants to know what customers think or they wouldn't spend the money to run this forum.  How many mods do they have on the payroll? I have to assume QVC is getting some benefit from having this board.  

If the post doesn't meet the standards, it will be deleted by QVC staff, so no need for any of us to be concerned about posters and their attitudes. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever I agree that q is disappointing.I remember the days when they had so many unusual things to buy that I just hated to miss any of the shows.People always asked where I bought those gifts but times have changed.The good thing is that I am not watching so much and it is healthier for me to be off the couch.

I really miss all of the excitement that I felt waiting for those packages years ago.There is just so many places you can shop online now that Ithink Q had to streamline their inventory and stick to the products that they can sell well.

Valued Contributor

To Chrystaltree...Why do you find it necessary to tell people that they can watch other shows.I think we all know we can watch other shows ,obviously we are all disappointed in the direction of QVC!!We write ...for the possibility that things will turn around.Thats why we write!!!

Respected Contributor

I agree with OP.  FIASCO, big time

Esteemed Contributor

But are they listening to the complaining?

Has anything changed from the complaining?

Seems to me that complaining here is much like "spitting" in to the wind.

It isn't going to go very far, if anywhere.

Respected Contributor

I have never seen it quite this bad. Maybe they sold the products. I personally never buy those items on TV.  Would want to take the item back to the store in person. Had problem once. Lesson learned.

Respected Contributor

I have not watched this wkend, or much of any time lately. I have checked "items on air" thru the weekend & saw the boring line up. However,  I did JUST order an item I have had on wish list. When I completed the order, I had to change my delivery address. I have always received things at my post office. This time I had to change to physical address. I will track this & see how it goes. After all the recent complaints on delivery, I almost wish I had not ordered. It isn't a gift, so that won't be a problem.