Occasional Contributor

Faux Fur Denim Jacket - NEED!

I have a Denim & Co Jacket that I purchased years ago.  It is a black denim, normal jean jacket, but it is completely lined with faux fur and collar.  I loved and wore the jacket for years.  Please make this jacket again!   Unfortunately I have gained weight and can no longer wear the one I have.  I would love another one.  

New Contributor

Re: Faux Fur Denim Jacket - NEED!

Hey, I just saw your post.  Years ago, I bought a Dennis Basso black denim jacket lined in brown faux fur and a dark blue denim jacket lined in black faux fur.  They also had matching faux fur cuffs.  You could unbutton the linings and wear them as separate vests.  I had lost weight so I gave the jackets away last summer but I kept the vests.  I still wear them 12 - 15 years later.  Absolutely the best QVC purchase ever!  If Denim & Co won't remake them, maybe Dennis Basso will.  

Honored Contributor

It would probably be easier to lose the weight than to get Dennis to do this oldie again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sounds like it would be to hot. Probably make you look more puffy too.

Esteemed Contributor

I  have those jackets. Or rather had, I recently donated the ones I had to a local church/ shelter. It did indeed keep me warm and was very nicely made, I always got  complimented for them when I used to wear them.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Sounds like it would be to hot. Probably make you look more puffy too.

"Sounds" like your wrong on both counts...I had those jackets and got nothing but compliments on them when I wore them. They were not hot I wore them in the fall and early winter and they  kept me warm in those seasons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cpm07: I don't know whether you buy on eBay, but there are some available there by Dennis Basso. Also, I used to have a blue denim jean jacket lined with faux mink, years ago. I donated it, but l'm sorry l did. Woman Sad  The brand was Marvin Richards. They don't make them any more, but eBay has several of that brand as well.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

I was just thinking about this today!  I bought a black denim jacket, trimmed with faux brown mink at colar, cuffs and down front placket.......LOVE IT to this day.  I just pulled it out of the back of the closet and the first time I wore it again, got a compliment.  It must be around 20 years old and a complete winner!  I also bought the denim color one that had black faux fur, but never really liked it and donated it not long ago.  Please Dennis, bring something like the black and mink looking one again!