Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Pricing

[ Edited ]

@Sassycoco wrote:
@Venezia

I respect your opinion.....as I have others ...

Maybe you should let the ppl I responded to....lmk, how they feel?

Otherwise , it would be nice if you myob

@Sassycoco - LOL!  Two contradictory statements.

Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion Pricing

[ Edited ]

@Sassycoco  ok kinda feel you went WAY overboad with that comment.  With all due respect, I don't think you read my reply.  Let's try this again....

While labor (and I read your comment about sweat shop labor) is a bigger part of the cost the item, please understand that the cost of fabric is a small part of the total cost of an item. 

You are looking at a VERY SMALL component to the pricing of a garment.  The main cost of a garment is NOT the fabric itself but the whole process behind it.  The cost includes design, sourcing, manufacture, transport, marketing, sales, packaging, advertising etc.  with all the additional expenses, rents, travels, electricity, fuel and what not, including the wages of people who do all those jobs.  Which is why the price is negoitiated simplified into a general one price -all sizes. 

Please bring your anger and outrage to the fashion industry and let them know.  This board cannot change years and years of fashion industry standards.  While I understand you don't like the single price all sizes, we don't get to decide that.   And to insult people because of their size because you dont like how the fashion industry prices items is in fact rude.  The whole "8X" rant was really not called for.  I'm sure you're a good person who didn't mean that.  In the end you would be paying that same price whether it went from xxs to just XL.  The fact that they now include 3x-5x just means they have noticed more customers who would by more if they had their sizes too.  I can guarantee they don't have as many 3X-5X in their stock since it would be based on demand.  Most sellers have a majority of their garments in the S-1X range.  Take care and have a nice evening.     

Super Contributor

@Dusty1 - Ok

Super Contributor

@paixmcdao Oh no, spelling error !! GASP ...........

Super Contributor
@eadu4

Oh my goodness .I'm truly sorry you feel this way !

I respectfully disagree ....bit do appreciate your feedback !

Thank you ,very much ! Iam having a wonderful weekend ....I hope you do as well !

Again TY ,everyone who responded! Much appreciated 🙏

I will check back ! 🙏💜

Super Contributor
@Venezia

Thank for letting me know ! SNAFU!

Have a great weekend 😀
Respected Contributor

You know what they say, ...a troll by any other name...

Super Contributor
@@eadu4

Yes ... I have heard that before.

Are you familiar with...

It takes One to know ONE ?

If you can't take that heat get out of the kitchen....
Super Contributor
@eadu4

I made a mistake....please disregard this....

An honest mistake, please except my apologies 🙏
Super Contributor
@Etoile308

Indeed, I have seen others be referred to as a "troll"

Name calling isn't nice ,I'm sorry you feel this way !

I have also heard ...it takes one to know one !

Seems ,so juvenile.....sadly on this forum you get ridiculed for an observation, opinion.....

So many are afraid to give opinions ,suggestions....retaliation...can shut some down....unfortunately, I'm not one....
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!