Respected Contributor

Re: Fabric Quality & Thickness

@CAcableGirl2 For my body, at this time, I do need a thicker fabric. A thinner fabric, regardless of the size, just clings & doesn't look nice on my body.

I am very picky about what I like & it is really hard to find right now.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My former favorite brand of leggings bought on QVC has declined in fabric quality (now thinner in my perception) and fit has changed for the worst. I returned both pair that I bought during last year and will not bother ordering again.

The quality/thickness and fit of the latest version of J Jill leggings has also declined. I have probably 20+ pair which have held up remarkably well through the years. But again, no more. Others have noticed this as well and have commented so in their reviews. I have been able to pick up a few pair of the older version on ebay.

My other favorite, Yummie brand leggings, has not changed so far,  but it's been bought and no longer is Yummie by Heather Thompson. I wouldn't be surprised if they also go downhill in the future.

Maybe I'm just an just a cranky old snob, but I expect better quality fabrics with some substance. And it doesn't really matter because cranky old me has enough clothes (esp. leggings) to last for many years.

Trusted Contributor

I find that fabrics are thinner and cheaper feeling across board in most stores. I was in a thrift store the other day, and was surprised to see a Kohls brand top made of cotton that felt thick and draped nicely. It was probably 10 years old? No way would you find that fabric in their stores right now

New to this blog, I am going to post this here.  Loving the English language as I do, I  am so sick of  the words 'fabric' and 'fabrication' being used interchangeably. 'Fabric" is the material, 'fabrication' is the process of manufacturing something.  PLEASE NOTE!