Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fabric Quality & Thickness

@fthunt wrote:

@ALRATIBA I made that observation some time ago and a poster snapped

back at me......how can you tell the weight by looking at TV?

Thank you for making that point again  Perhaps poster will see this....I hope.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I validate your point 100%. There are some on here who are just plain mean. 

Contributor

Kachina624 - QVC's inflated prices may be an East-Coast trend, because the desert-SW is NOT seeing that high, inflation for clothing. When I can buy Gloria Vanderbilt denim cropped pants for $12 from Costco, for example, and find their quality FAR exceeds what QVC is carrying for $50+, why should I go through the hassle of buying from the Q?

Their initials stand for Quality, Value & Cost. That's no longer true. Look at the reviews...inconsistent sizing, overpriced for the lack of quality, colors & shapes vary considerably from what was shown on their videos. Denim & Co pride themselves in having customers' closets full of their brand from MANY years of purchases...those represent the decades before their quality seriously fell.

It makes me very sad to see all this happening & I HOPE they can recover soon.

Contributor

Hooray for you - no celulite. MANY women DO. We also buy clothing & because our body-sizes may change with illnesses, etc., we need to buy replacement pieces. We are willing / able to spend a LOT of money on our clothing, but expect quality for these prices.

Contributor

When I recently wanted green capris from Denim & Co, I first bought their duo-stretch which (it turned out) was VERY thin and no-where near a proper quality for the price. So, I bought that color in their French-terry, which was only SLIGHTLY thicker and has a poor fit around the waist and crotch. Rather than returning those also, I kept them & wear only with longer tops. This does NOT represent customer satisfaction, but settling.

Honored Contributor

@Kardi 

LOL!  Not fired up in the least!  Quality of clothing, slow processing, slow delivery... I wouldn't waste my time getting angst about these things!!

Just my opinion on which type of clothing material I prefer and my opinion on current pricing and the diminished quality of everything these days.

You shoulda seen the skimpy pizza I got recently!  LOL  Price went up, toppings were...where?  Could barely find them.  Smaller quantities on canned/boxed goods, everything is smaller but the prices are higher!

So I adjust....no more pizza and don't need to buy clothes!  If it is something I really love, I will evaluate each purchase more closely now.

Honored Contributor

@AZAK    Gloria Vanderbilt has always been a cheap brand.  I was buying them for practically nothing in the '60s.  They were a good buy because they fit nicely.  I don't think inflation is limited to the East Coast.  The merchandise Costco carries is not representative of what's sold in any given area.  They get goods especially made for them, as does QVC and other big buyers.

QVC stands for quality, value and convenience, not cost.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AZAK

QVC stands for

Quality, Value and Convenience...not Cost.

We are not all the same size or shape...so I would not presume that any vendor should only sell what works for me.  I try only to speak for myself and not state that the buyers have to select my styles or choices.

I appreciate that QVC has a huge range of styles...young to old, all sizes available on so many items.  Why should they only carry what the OP perceives women of a certain age wants?  Even if we are the same age range, we don't neccessarily share the same style.

Oops @Kachina624 

we were typing at the same time....

Super Contributor

I've noticed that the fabric of clothes has changed everywhere--HSN, Kohls, Belks, etc... We went into Ross last month, and we were amazed at the low quality of the clothes. I realize that it's a discount store, but these clothes just needed to be recycled. If you don't mind used clothes, I look in thrift/consignment shops, and I also look at Ebay, Mercari, Poshmark, and Thredup for vintage clothes, especially jeans and shoes. 

Esteemed Contributor

What happened to the Quality?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

What happened to the Quality?

@gertrudecloset    Read the thread.  It's explained.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment