Regular Contributor

Ok, I am tired of all the food shows.  The prices are absolutely through the roof and I don't care if it is on easy pay.  I bought cookies last Christmas from the Cheryl's brand and they were all broken and a real mess.  Prime rib on TV, don't think so.  When I look at reviews they are not very favorable.  I say we do our best to shop our local grocers and local butchers when possible.  I know there are supply chain issues but we need to really help our local businesses.  QVC you need to scale down the food shows, all Rachel does is yell about the food and interrupt everyone that is talking.  Alberti is just as bad.  No need to "YELL" to get the customers attention.  

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure that QVC shows what sells. If people didn't watch and purchase food items they would not have these shows. They are not concerned that a handful of people on the forums don't like to see food shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Much of the food shown on QVC comes from small businesses. 

Not all, but a number of the sweets and confections.

Food margins are high for Qurate and the category is quite successful. I envision the expansion of food offerings and airings.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I'm pretty sure that QVC shows what sells. If people didn't watch and purchase food items they would not have these shows. They are not concerned that a handful of people on the forums don't like to see food shows.

For someone who can no longer go to local super markets, QVC is great for us. I enjoy the food shows and I do buy , so I am one who watches the food shows.

Honored Contributor

As one who has never and is not likely to buy food from any shopping channel I agree with the OP.  I understand people who are homebound but most local stores deliver, I think, and there are other options for ordering food online.

Respected Contributor
Imagine being this concerned with how others spend their money.
Super Contributor

The only food item I tried are the honeybell's on tsv each year when. Maybe I got a bad batch, but the quality wasn't as good as clementines I can buy at the grocery store. Howevre, they were expensive. I'm not interested in buying cookies from QVC. When I look at the ingredients, they don't look like anything special. Yet, they wouldn't be as fresh as homemade.

Esteemed Contributor

As far as the food is concerned, I think you have to decide what fits into your life style to see if it is worth it to you.

I get the Heartland 5 oz boneless chicken breasts and for me it is economical.  If I get the 18 count, they are $6 each.  They are very good and I use part of one on a salad and eat the rest for lunch the next day.

For me, that is okay.  I can't go to the store, get the chicken, cut it up, season it, cook it and freeze it.  I don't have the energy and stamina anymore.

As far as some of the other food, I usually get Mrs P's apples for Christmas.  Again, I used to do them myself.  Buy all the stuff, make my own candied pecans, chop them, make the caramel, dip, etc etc.  Can't do it anymore.  I've always had good luck with Mrs P's and for me, it's a good buy.

Would I buy most of the other stuff.......no because it would not fit my life and wallet.  Everyone must choose for themselves.

Rachel and Alberti?........won't buy anything they are selling........too loud and obnoxious.

Honored Contributor

As often as they have food shows, even with their generous return policy, they must be tremendously profitable which is why they've seemed to have increased in number.  Since Rachel and Alberti are so often paired for these shows, they must have terrific sales.  QVC is in the sales business and will go where the profits are.  When people quit buying, they'll quit selling.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Much of the food shown on QVC comes from small businesses. 

Not all, but a number of the sweets and confections.

Food margins are high for Qurate and the category is quite successful. I envision the expansion of food offerings and airings.

I agree @Johnnyeager  Food is successful, and we are seeing that more and more. What I can't get past is the easy pay. I can see easy pay on big ticket items, or maybe even if you choose an expensive food item you want to serve for the holiday. But, for the candy and cookies etc. 

You will eat them in no time and be paying for 5 months! That defies logic to me.