Extremely high shipping rates to Hawaii

I think QVC would get a LOT more orders from Hawaii if you charged a more reasonable shipping rate for your products.  I do a lot of online shopping and I find that you have the highest shipping rates to Hawaii.  I would think that a company of your size and reputation, would be able to negotiate a better deal from UPS.  Please work on it...I really do like your products but rarely place orders due to your high shipping fees.

New Contributor

Re: Extremely high shipping rates to Hawaii

I can't tell you how true that is. I won't be shopping with QVC at all in the future.

QVC charges more than anyone. Per item with combined order shipping is a new and recent low watermark. I had 4 items in my cart. 45 dollars for shipping to Hawaii. I called to speak to "customer service" wow have things changed. I came to QVC when they first came on air. Service and care really was as down home as the on air talent acted. Most internet companies if you buy enough offer free shipping. QVC does the opposite and charges you extra for more items.

It was explained to me that QVC something ships from more than one wharehouse. I said that makes sense. So how about if all my items ship together if you refund that shipping overage? NOPE.

I wonder if this even legal to make such a windfall on shipping?

For those of us living in Hawaii or Alaska we know that shippers from big corporations don't pay what we pay at the post office. They get breaks. We also know that a large box, priority mail which fit up to 70 lbs of merchandise isn't 45 dollars even with inflation, it's more like 18 dollars. My order did not request priority. Nor did it require a LARGE box. 

I  won't be shopping with QVC. To make 10 dollars for each additional item even when it's shipped together is taking advantage of loyalty. 

Farewell to QVC! Aloha!

Esteemed Contributor

Just a thought regarding high shipping. Don't know what you had in your cart, but there are many items the USPS can't/won't ship and they are then shipped UPS which does have higher shipping fees.

New Contributor

since the change in flat shipping charges and shipping to hawaii have gotten expensive, i have cut down on my ordering from qvc.  i normally shop with companies that offer free shipping.  it would be nice if the shipping price says $3.00, it should be the price for alaska and hawaii too.  usually, the price is over double to alaska and hawaii.  with other companies offering free shipping, my shopping habits have shifted.  unless the prices are go down for alaska and hawaii, i don't buy.  there are items i like but when i see how much the shipping costs, i end up deleting from my cart.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thoughtful Shop wrote:

I can't tell you how true that is. I won't be shopping with QVC at all in the future.

QVC charges more than anyone. Per item with combined order shipping is a new and recent low watermark. I had 4 items in my cart. 45 dollars for shipping to Hawaii. I called to speak to "customer service" wow have things changed. I came to QVC when they first came on air. Service and care really was as down home as the on air talent acted. Most internet companies if you buy enough offer free shipping. QVC does the opposite and charges you extra for more items.

It was explained to me that QVC something ships from more than one wharehouse. I said that makes sense. So how about if all my items ship together if you refund that shipping overage? NOPE.

I wonder if this even legal to make such a windfall on shipping?

For those of us living in Hawaii or Alaska we know that shippers from big corporations don't pay what we pay at the post office. They get breaks. We also know that a large box, priority mail which fit up to 70 lbs of merchandise isn't 45 dollars even with inflation, it's more like 18 dollars. My order did not request priority. Nor did it require a LARGE box. 

I  won't be shopping with QVC. To make 10 dollars for each additional item even when it's shipped together is taking advantage of loyalty. 

Farewell to QVC! Aloha!

A 70 lb priority box to Hawaii for $18?????   I couldn't even get close to that for a package of that size to the west coast.  Shipping is expensive these days.  

Super Contributor

It's called drop shipping, many times the item comes directly from the original manufacturer. I just got a Bose item, pretty sure it didnt come from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Just a thought regarding high shipping. Don't know what you had in your cart, but there are many items the USPS can't/won't ship and they are then shipped UPS which does have higher shipping fees.

This is somewhat the same train of thought I had.   If they have to ship to you by UPS, they cannot use ground to HI for obvious reasons.  So, they have to ship by air and that is monumentally more expensive.

Honored Contributor

I think $18 for 70 pounds is a great deal.  It'd cost me a lot more than that to ship 70 pounds to my son in the midwest.