Trusted Contributor

Excuse me. I buy more than just female gifts.

Lodis is today's special value.  We will be bombarded with this all day.  They are nice and functional but we see them all the time and can only buy so many.  Lodis makes other products than this style.  They even make items for men.  Other vendors on QVC also make products for men.    Would you at least incorporate products for the men in our lives into you "gifting" programs.   This time of year I do not buy for myself.   The ladies I buy for do not need more of the same old thing.  Even most of the gifts for children are the same old thing.  This year it looks like most of my gift shopping will be done else where.   Maybe you can find time to plan ahead for Fathers Day..

Honored Contributor

Re: Excuse me. I buy more than just female gifts.

@Gram W In one of the early morning LODIS shows, they did present a man's wallet during the show.  But I agree, they could do a better job of highlighting men's items, especially during their Christmas sales push.  They could at least just mention all the QVC items online for men that don"t get on-air presentations. 

Super Contributor

My son, who is 28 years old, made a comment that QVC needs to start selling more items for the men......i.e. clothes, shoes, & jewelry, etc......We know that men are hard to buy for & QVC does make shopping easier.....So QVC, please bring more items for the men-folk...........

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Expecting people to search the QVC site to find products can lose sales.  Believe it or not many people still do not have computers.   I live in a rural area where there is no cable or WiFi.   I have to pay for a dish and a landline with an extra charge for my computer connection plus buy the computer.  That is a big hit on many budgets.   I am lucky to have those options.   I know from personal experience shopping on site does not adequately give me all the information I need to make a decision.  I want to see the demonstrations,/models.    Not all items give you access to a scant tape of the presentation.   Lately, according to reviews and forums, the written size charts do not match the measurements of the garments received.   Most people buy food by sight and taste.  They buy fashion by sight and quality of workmanship and fabric.  A lot of air time is wasted on idle chit chat.  It would seem easy to slip in other seldom seen products occasionally.   When I shop at the big stores I look for new, different and a good value.   It has become difficulty for me to find new and different on the shows.  Neither me or my gift recipients need more if the same old thing in a different color.  I have 6 young men in my immediate family to shop for and 2 babies.  QVC has nothing for them.  Right now they do not need slippers and wallets.

Esteemed Contributor

Remember in years past they had a tool show with Rick and Dan...I always watched it...whether i needed a gift for the men in my family or not ...because the two of them were so much fun...

Why not have that type of show during the holidays...I beleive it was the Sears Craftsman line...good stuff....

Honored Contributor

My guess is men's stuff must not sell all that well or the would have that type of programming.

I do very little of my holiday shopping with QVC or any shopping channel for that matter.  It's just too inconvenient if someone needs to return something. 

Plus to be honest, I don't have a lot of confidence in the quality of items.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gram W

Didn't you get the 5-pack flashlight memo!???!!

Woman Tongue

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF . Than you.  I bought those a few years ago and they are still being used.  I also bought the Coleman 3 light and the 4 light rechargeable LED lanterns that were supposed to be rechargeable.  Nobody needs another flashlight at this time.  My men do not need socks,etc.  Oh.  I have also purchased the electric saw with the extension handle, the special spade/shovel and the Little Giant ladders.  The dream cars and motorcycles don't fit my budget.  Lands End and others have many choices available.  I am passing around catalogs.  The men are initiating items they like and I will share the catalogs with the girls.  The young ones already have their list ready for Santa and we are busy explaining that Santa has to buy for all children so ours can not get all they want.  They have yet to understand he is not the richest person in the world.  They say he and the elves can make more.   I still believe in Santa Claus and help him by taking names from our local agencies to shop for.