Trusted Contributor

I just received a beautiful jacket that is too large - I sized up at the suggestion of several reviewers.  I will send it back tomorrow for a smaller size, but it would be very nice if Q would send out the replacement now, so that I could have it for next week, and and still be allowed to use the return label free, as does another network, who also doesn't bill the replacement unless nothing is sent back after 2 weeks. 

(I hope I don't have to read any snarky suggestions to shop there.  This idea will help everybody making an exchange.)

Honored Contributor

@Magny...try calling  CS. They may be able to accommodate you.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

MinNYC:

I completely agree with you. I've often thought the same thing if I wanted to exchange an item. My fear was that by the time I returned the item, my choice would no longer be available. However, I never did contact Customer Service to see if it was possible. Try calling, maybe your request will be honored. 

Honored Contributor

Qvc isn't Hsn.  You can buy a new jacket now and return the mistake and get your refund.  You don't have to use the exchange process which seems to problems.  You learned a valuable lesson.  Relying on reviews for sizing is usually the wrong way to go.  It's best to take your measurements and use the size chart.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Qvc isn't Hsn.  You can buy a new jacket now and return the mistake and get your refund.  You don't have to use the exchange process which seems to problems.  You learned a valuable lesson.  Relying on reviews for sizing is usually the wrong way to go.  It's best to take your measurements and use the size chart.

I think she knows "QVC isn't HSN".   And if she buys the new jacket now and returns the mistake, she may be losing out on any special pricing, easy pay, etc. that applied to the original purchase.   Then losing money on shipping by having to pay the original shipping/return shipping cost of the first jacket, then shipping on the second jacket.   Your suggestion stinks. 

HSN does it right, and I believe the point of this thread is to help QVC move in that direction.  

Regular Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think she knows "QVC isn't HSN".   And if she buys the new jacket now and returns the mistake, she may be losing out on any special pricing, easy pay, etc. that applied to the original purchase.   Then losing money on shipping by having to pay the original shipping/return shipping cost of the first jacket, then shipping on the second jacket.   Your suggestion stinks. 

HSN does it right, and I believe the point of this thread is to help QVC move in that direction.  

Well, isn’t QVC “sort of” HSN since QVC purchased the rest of the company a few months back?

I know that changes between the two companies since the acquisition can’t happen overnight but I have been hoping to see some changes in the integration of the two organizations.  Then again, it is quite possible that they will continue to operate as two separate entities and never acknowledge that they are now under the same corporate umbrella.

I think that it would be nice to pick the best features of each company and combine the strengths and maybe eliminate some of the things that don’t work.  To me it would just make both channels stronger.  Then again, what the heck do I know, lol!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

They won't.. They can't handle it.  Consider yourself lucky if you get all the money due back to you, plus the new item in the correct size and color within about three weeks.

Trusted Contributor

@Wheatchick1 wrote:

@SarahW wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well, isn’t QVC “sort of” HSN since QVC purchased the rest of the company a few months back?

I know that changes between the two companies since the acquisition can’t happen overnight but I have been hoping to see some changes in the integration of the two organizations.  Then again, it is quite possible that they will continue to operate as two separate entities and never acknowledge that they are now under the same corporate umbrella.

I think that it would be nice to pick the best features of each company and combine the strengths and maybe eliminate some of the things that don’t work.  To me it would just make both channels stronger.  Then again, what the heck do I know, lol!  Smiley Happy

QVC did not "buy" HSN and I wish people would stop perpetuating that mis-information.   They are both owned by the same parent company but are separate entities, with their own management and practices.  

Respected Contributor

@SarahW And I wish people would check the dates on posts before bumping up a thread that hasn't been active since DECEMBER!

QVC Customer Care