Respected Contributor

Exchange policy for clothing

I appreciate the free exchange policy but find it problematic with clothing sizes or colors. I haven’t had much success. I checked to see if a size/ color is available the day I return the original item, but by the time the item is processed, the size/color I need is often sold out.

Depending on how many days it takes the third party collection shipper, the package can sit at the drop off point for awhile before it’s even on the way to QVC. 15 days or more can go by from the day of the original order to the day the return package is processed. No wonder sizes are sold out.

I did call CS; the CSR was very professional and said at the moment there is no means to reserve your exchange item. The hosts continuously promote the free exchange policy as a reason to take a chance on ordering apparel, but the reality is that it’s a gamble. Asking for an exchange is a sure sign the customer wants the product; please QVC, analyze this process to make the exchange program more reliable for clothing.

Respected Contributor

Re: Exchange policy for clothing

The exchange policy seems to be different depending on which customer service rep you get.  I have had 3 different interpretations of it.  One worked really well.  The rep placed an exchange for me at $00 dollars and it was mailed the next day - before I even got my item to exchange to the post office to return it.  I had the exchange at my door at no charge before the returned item got to QVC.  That was great. 

Another rep said the item must be received at QVC before the exchange could be sent out.  Needless to say, I did not take advantage of that exchange as I didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks for the replacement that may or may not have fit, so I just sent the item back.

The next time I needed an exchange, I was told they could send the exchange out right away but charge me for it and credit my account when  they received the return and that is what happened.

I just today sent back 2 pair of Issac printed pants that fit when I received them, but not after I washed them.  They had shrunk at least an entire size.  I loved the pants, so I had immediately ordered them in a larger size knowing they were going to shrink.  Did not take advantage of the exchange policy as I loved the pants and did not want them to sell out so I immediately reordered.  To be sure to receive them was worth the return shipping to me.  I just hope the too large size will shrink as my normal size did.  If not, I love them enough to re-order my normal size again, ignore the washing instructions and just lightly hand wash.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23 Three scenarios for exchanges tells me the exchange process is evolving and one’s result depends on who you get on the phone. I will call next time too to see if I can get my new size sent right away. Relying on the return instruction slip is not working. Thanks for recounting your experience.

Esteemed Contributor

Hsn has a great exchange policy.  You can literally go online and exchange under order status.  The order gets immediately processed with no charge as long as they receive the original item being returned within 14 days.   If they are owned by the same "parent" company they should easily be able to adopt this system!

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC

There are multiple threads on the forum about problems with the exchange program. Is it possible for you to forward these exchange program concerns to right team?

One post in particular resonates with me. When multiple items are ordered and listed on one packing slip, how can someone return one item for a refund and request an exchange for another item.

People have reported success with calling CS to sort out problems, but the recommendations provided are a mixed message of how to proceed.

Exchanges are often processed as returns, even when stock is available.

Too much time elapses between the original order date and when the exchange item is actually processed; items available on the day I put the exchange in the mail are often sold out by the time QVC receives the exchange request. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

QVC Customer Care

@SunValley

We had pretty much sorted out the free exchange after many false starts. However the sheer number of returns under the holiday return process has underminded that process considerably. I will (and have been) forwarded the information from the forums to the powers that be...

My suggestion is to contact CS to advise them of  any returns that you wish to exchange rather than refund. The CS rep SHOULD then mark the information which should alert the warehouse which is fully mechanised. (mostly no human hands). Or you could send the social team an email and we would then be on the alert for the return and hopefully be able to ensure you receive your exchange if truly available.

Beth QVC 

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVCwrote:

@SunValley

We had pretty much sorted out the free exchange after many false starts. However the sheer number of returns under the holiday return process has underminded that process considerably. I will (and have been) forwarded the information from the forums to the powers that be...

My suggestion is to contact CS to advise them of  any returns that you wish to exchange rather than refund. The CS rep SHOULD then mark the information which should alert the warehouse which is fully mechanised. (mostly no human hands). Or you could send the social team an email and we would then be on the alert for the return and hopefully be able to ensure you receive your exchange if truly available.

Beth QVC 

Thank you Beth! I hope my fellow posters read this response.