Esteemed Contributor

@grooms wrote:

@hyacinth003

I totally agree with the inconsistencies of the moderators - especially Beth who seems to have it out for me.  A couple days ago I asked the readers if they noticed that one of the people posting in the fashion section of the forum - and posting along with pictures of the items to be sold on HSN - couldn't possibly be the same person who is selling their fashions on HSN.  It was a simple question  I was asking and Beth removed it because it wasn't appropriate?  Excuse me....there was nothing wrong with asking a question which should have been very obvious to readers.  Some junk they let go on and on.....this will be my last post because the forum is very political and biased to what the image of QVC should be!

I saw your original post and to be honest I did not even understand what you were asking or why you thought a poster was the actual vendor.  YOu really did not explain why you came to that conclusion.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Enough "moderating"

[ Edited ]

I don't think moderating is always an easy job as there are always going to be judgement calls on what to hide. I sometimes also find it puzzling when I've had post removed which link to real journalistic news articles like a recent one about the Estee Edit article on the Racked website.

Apparently someone thinks it links to an outside retailer. Articles online do embed instagram posts which can point to a retailer but I think that's pushing it saying that an article links to a retailer. So be it, that's a whole other topic as the FTC is cracking down on social media influencers who do not disclose their paid or sponsored relationship with a business or product.

Oh, and by the way, QVC, shouldn't your shared post on facebook of a video by your vendor be disclosed as a Paid post? Buckle is the vendor with today's Makeup TSV. Why is that post not a paid one but the post sharing host Marybeth introducing a new host is a paid post on your own QVC facebook page? 

Esteemed Contributor

There's far too much moderation on the forum. It's been so sanitized that it removes the lively interest and variety of most boards.

As examples, this is unkind, this is rude, this may become argumentative. And the inconsistencies are phenomenal.  

That alone is far too much moderation. We're all adults that have developed enough to take care of ourselves. What is not liked on an adult board can easily be corrected with group behavior.

The Q's created a monster.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Enough "moderating"

[ Edited ]

@grooms wrote:

I totally agree with the inconsistencies of the moderators - especially Beth who seems to have it out for me.  A couple days ago I asked the readers if they noticed that one of the people posting in the fashion section of the forum - and posting along with pictures of the items to be sold on HSN - couldn't possibly be the same person who is selling their fashions on HSN.  It was a simple question  I was asking and Beth removed it because it wasn't appropriate?  Excuse me....there was nothing wrong with asking a question which should have been very obvious to readers.  Some junk they let go on and on.....this will be my last post because the forum is very political and biased to what the image of QVC should be!

Oh stop.  Whenever any of us are poofed, it's not because any mod has it out for us.  Please let's not flatter ourselves too much.  They're doing their job. 

(there IS some inconsistancy though in what is poofed/allowed to remain)