Valued Contributor

Re: Easy upgrade from Mail Innovations

I hate to tell you but if the item is lightweight like a blouse it will not be eligible to upgrade. Also, I recently ordered a denim jacket & it was shipped USPS, not UPS transfer. We don't have a mailbox at our house. We have a central lockbox where our mail is delivered. It's a very long walk to get there & back. I have a very bad back. There are certain items I do not want left sitting there when it's  95 degrees or below freezing. I think QVC is on to the UPS Mychoice trick!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I had been thinking of doing this a while ago, but someone on the forums recently said that the upgrade didn't work with Mail Innovations, only the UPS SurePost.

I'd be interested to know if others have found this to be true or not.

It works with mail innovations for me.  When I get an email from UPS saying they have a package heading my way, I look for the link to upgrade to UPS and click on it.  I don't pay the annual fee but do this only if I need it sooner than it would come by MI.  

What is frustrating is QVC is showing on its web site 'delivered'  when it was only UPS delivering it to the PO.  I have run around trying to find the package!   Can't QVC wait to post delivered only once it arrives at the house? 

Valued Contributor

It doesn't work with mail innovations. I've only found it to work if an order is picked up by UPS & suppossed to be delivered by mail. I have UPS my choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I am also a UPS Premium member and can confirm that the upgrades are only for SurePost packages. The Mail Innovations delivery stream is completely separate; there is no upgrade that will convert packages to come via UPS instead of USPS for final delivery.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I had been thinking of doing this a while ago, but someone on the forums recently said that the upgrade didn't work with Mail Innovations, only the UPS SurePost.

I'd be interested to know if others have found this to be true or not.

It works with mail innovations for me.  When I get an email from UPS saying they have a package heading my way, I look for the link to upgrade to UPS and click on it.  I don't pay the annual fee but do this only if I need it sooner than it would come by MI.  

@CalmInTheHeart - If you get a notification about a UPS package, it is definitely a standard or SurePost package and not a Mail Innovations package. Although you can use Mail Innovations tracking numbers to follow packages via the UPS website up until they reach the handoff to the USPS, UPS does not proactively notify customers about these packages since it is not the delivery agent.

Honored Contributor

You had me until the 3.00 per package.  These people are a nightmare in my case (post office box).  They mess up and the item gets lost and/or goes back to QVC.  I won't give them one darn dime extra.  

Trusted Contributor

@cjhk wrote:

What is frustrating is QVC is showing on its web site 'delivered'  when it was only UPS delivering it to the PO.  I have run around trying to find the package!   Can't QVC wait to post delivered only once it arrives at the house? 

--------

I have never had QVC, show delivered, until it was physically delivered, to my location. 

Are you sure the package wasn't delivered, and something happened to it? 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

You had me until the 3.00 per package.  These people are a nightmare in my case (post office box).  They mess up and the item gets lost and/or goes back to QVC.  I won't give them one darn dime extra.  

@depglass - Two notes: 1) The upgrade is for using UPS delivery instead of USPS delivery, so if you only have a post office box, this would not work for you. 2) If you do have a physical address to use instead, you can also choose to do an annual upgrade for $40/year—and if you Google "UPS My Choice Premium promo code," you can find a code to enter when you sign up that will take either $5 or $10 off that price (depends on the currently active promotion). Here's a link to a table comparing the standard vs premium UPS My Choice options, in case you're interested:

https://www.ups.com/mobile/deliveryplanner?compare=true&loc=en_US