Contributor

Would it be possible to re-engineer the DynaTrap to work off batteries? It would be helpful for homes with few outdoor outlets to plug in and reduce long extension cords to avoid being damaged during summer months when people mow yards.  Thank you

Super Contributor

I agree - if it was battery operated, I would have gotten the last TSV.  I live in a townhouse and my outdoor plug is in the middle of the deck, so I would have to have the extension cord go all the way across one half of the deck to get the trap away from where we sit.  Great suggestion!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I have wanted one of these also, but without any outside electrical outlets it would be impossible without leaving a door unlocked or window open 24/7 to run an electrical cord.

Respected Contributor

Great idea @shopgirl9

I, too, would be interested in a battery operated one.  Perhaps one that could be recharged as well. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Contributor

Thanks everyone for the great responses!!  Regardless of where we call 'home', be it an apartment, townhouse, etc.  A low-battery indicator could also be built into the unit.  I would also love a rechargeable unit as well.  With all of the technology avaialbe to us at our fingertips, I know this can be done.  We have cordless vacuums, battery operated home decor, etc.  I even have a rechargeable weed-eater that works great.  If the QVC mods are reading this, please forward to the DynaTrap rep.  I don't want to hear that this can't be done.  Sales for this type of product would go thru the roof.  

Honored Contributor

I would just appreciate one that's easier to take apart to clean.

Honored Contributor

I'd love a dynatrap that uses either batteries or a rechargeable battery, like my garden tools. 

I just recently hung up my new dynatrap.  First, had to buy an extension cord for it, and don't much care for the appearance.  

Trusted Contributor

@shopgirl9  What a great idea! We’ve got 3 going in 3 different directions and each one requires an outdoor extension cord and a place to plug in. Then the cord has to be moved to mow. We really like our Dynatraps but there’s still room for improvement. 

@geezerette  I sympathize with you. My husband cleans it out so not sure how it goes for him. 

Honored Contributor

@shopgirl9  excellent suggestion!  I'll purchase a 1/4 acre one for sure! 

I live in a garden apartment right now, with a very large patio space.  However, there's no outside electrical outlets.  I purchased that DynaSheild repellent thing, but you have to put that right beside you, and move around with you depending on where we sit.  Plus, you have to turn that on & off for when you need it. It's great for taking on the road though.

Esteemed Contributor

Great idea but I suspect it would go through batteries quickly.  Perhaps rechargeable batteries and a remote solar panel to keep the batteries charged.

One of the best features about a battery operated unit would be if the power goes out the unit would continue to trap the insects.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.