Respected Contributor

Re: Double, Triple Posts on Same Topic

@rms1954 wrote:

Before being in a big hurry to spread news, one should take a minute to see if there is already a post on same topic.

I completely agree.  There are 4 posts on the suspended NBA season and  2 posts on the Facebook Kazoo comercial......all posted within  a short amount  of time.  There is a search engine on this forum to check topics or you can simply scroll through a page or two to see if the topic has been covered.  Some people just want to be the "first" to know something. 

Esteemed Contributor

TOILET PAPER now has its own thread.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager, There were 2 that I saw!

Valued Contributor

I don't think you really have to worry about this. Q deleted a few threads overnight (one I knew was going to go poof as soon as one poster decided to vent specifically about a high level politician). 

It's a shame, as there was a lot of good info on some of those posts. 

Very little of substance seems to be allowed to stay on these boards any more, and if that is how the majority of posters prefer then that is working out as it should

A slow message board though is usually a dying one. Again I find that unfortunate.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

I just bypass posts which I have no interest.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree about the too many threads on a topic--in this case the C-virus, but at least now we aren't bombarded with umpteen thousand threads and posts on Meghan!

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I agree about the too many threads on a topic--in this case the C-virus, but at least now we aren't bombarded with umpteen thousand threads and posts on Meghan!

I stopped reading Meghan and Harry threads long ago. I just walk on by.

Honored Contributor

I agree with those that said to just pass up the thread if it doesn't interest you.